• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Here I am Anime World!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrimoPunk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:54 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I am so out of the anime scene. I recently got a decent paying job so I can now afford to buy anime again! YAY! Ok, I need some good anime to buy. I'm not really into the whole mutating creature horror anime as much as other stuff like midevil anime (Heroic Legend of Arislan, Record of Loddoss War, etc). But I do own Arislan, Akira(what anime fan could be without?) Vampire Hunter D (crappier than i thought) and some DBZ (Cause DBZ rulz! and don't you forget it!)

BTW I'm PrimoPunk, and here to stay! (I hope)
Bardiel
Eva Loving Dude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:00 pm Reply with quote
If you want to think then go with, EVA, boogiepop, or lain. Thats for the thinking type of person. For comedy, SMJ,FLCL ect.... Kenshin is just great, but buy the OVAs first so you will understand the series better. And i have to say Cowboy Bebop and Trigun because those are just a must buy.
PrimoPunk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:13 pm Reply with quote
yeah, I'm more of a thinking person. And yes, Trigun was great. Laughing
Pariah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Check out Eva definetly. If you can get the movie, not series, all the better. I LOVE that movie. Try and find Chojin Locke. It's VERY hard to get ahold of, mostly because it is an 80's anime, which is why it rocks, and it only had three movies that were bases on the manga, no OAV or TV series. Its mostly a scifi series with the whole 80's influence to it. Another good anime for those who think. If your interested, I can help you find the English Version...theres no SUBBED one and original Japanese. dialouge is hard to get ahold of...I have it of course! =D
SilkyAngel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Definately check out Boogiepop, X, and Perfect Blue. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dudesup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Yea, get evangelion. Also you might want to try cowboy bebop and if you still haven't, get some tenchi.
Morrolan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:08 pm Reply with quote
"Check out Eva definetly. If you can get the movie, not series, all the better. I LOVE that movie."
Pay no attention to him. Very Happy EVA is a must-see but you won't understand a thing about the movie if you haven't seen the series.
Cowboy Bebop is a must. Noir is very very good as well. Berserk is great. Perfect Blue and Princess Mononoke and Ghost in the Shell are very good movies. If you want to laugh, watch Sabre Marionette and Excel Saga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Pol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Rurouni Kenshin is a great way to go. It is a tather long series, but certainly worth the expense. The series and OVA are drastically different style-wise, but I think anyone could enjoy both.

Evangelion is the thinking-man's anime, with some really smart writing and excellent characters. This is a shorter series to get into, but be warned; its going to grab you.

And as for newly licensed series, Love Hina is definitely on my list for a good romance comedy.
dudesup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 8:01 pm Reply with quote
You should also try fushigi yugi. I've only watched the OVA, but it rules.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1