• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Gundam: Battle Operation Game's 4th Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captokita

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
This looks pretty good, though I doubt we'll see a stateside release of this. Sad.

What looks GOOD about it? The ability to leave your suit and go on foot, or another vehicle, and sabotage enemy units just seems really cool, and adds some depth to the game. Very nice.

The mobile suits also look really good, along with their movements. Controls look to be like the VS series, and would likely be easy to pick up and learn.

What looks BAD about it? Aside from no stateside release? I'm a huge Gundam fan, but the original series isn't my favorite, there are a whole slew of mobile suits in the gundamverse, and to limit this game to merely the original series suits just seems lacking to me. Wouldn't it be cool to fly around in 00-Raiser or Strike Freedom? Granted, if the demand is there, they may expand on the suits in the game, and likely make them DLC, which would suck.

So in the end, I'm still saving for a copy of VS Extreme, I think that will be more fun.
Eivion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
captokita wrote:
What looks BAD about it? Aside from no stateside release? I'm a huge Gundam fan, but the original series isn't my favorite, there are a whole slew of mobile suits in the gundamverse, and to limit this game to merely the original series suits just seems lacking to me. Wouldn't it be cool to fly around in 00-Raiser or Strike Freedom? Granted, if the demand is there, they may expand on the suits in the game, and likely make them DLC, which would suck.

I have to disagree. I actually like the original series, but more than that is the fact that this seems like a more grounded style of gameplay. Gundams like the Strike Freedom and 00 Raiser sort of enter that super powered mech area where they don't quite work in this setting. I expect there will be more suits. Its just that they likely will be from more UC series which I'm perfectly fine with.
Son Gokou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote
captokita wrote:

UC is very popular in Japan you know. And seeing they're catering for japanese audiences I'm really not surprised it's about UC.
captokita

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:56 am Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
I have to disagree. I actually like the original series, but more than that is the fact that this seems like a more grounded style of gameplay. Gundams like the Strike Freedom and 00 Raiser sort of enter that super powered mech area where they don't quite work in this setting. I expect there will be more suits. Its just that they likely will be from more UC series which I'm perfectly fine with.

Never said I didn't like the original, I just said it's not my favorite. As for more grounded gameplay, I can see that, but they all can fly to some extent. Sure, it's not god-seed-trans-am-mode, but it's not like a glorified tank game. (though there ARE tanks)

I'm just saying if you want to make an online gundam blast fest, limiting yourself to UC just stinks IMO. I know the popularity of it in Japan, so I understand completely why they did it the way they did. I just think it's limited.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1