• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mizuki's Manga Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths Wins Eisner Award

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:46 am Reply with quote
Had this on my wishlist for a bit, I still aim to get it but i got a hell of a list to get through
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:04 am Reply with quote
I read it, and it is a good story, but it felt a little, I don't know same-y to me, maybe I was burned out on the "War is Hell" theme at the time. Will try giving it a re-read in a year maybe. But it's one of those "Award-bait" subject matters that was sort of guaranteed to win.

Would have preferred Bride's Story or Wandering Son to have won personally. Oh well, there's always next year.
Drops of God is hella enjoyable, but it has a bit of a schlocky feel to it, it hits the spot that your shonen battle manga hits, but for adults who like to indulge in refinery of a world they're not part of and second hand absorb knowledge of. Still love it tremendously, though.
I haven't read Saturn Apartments, but I picked up the first 5 volumes of it at an AX booth for $20 total, so going to look forward to giving that a try.
One look at the description for Star Gazing dog tells me I am incapable of ever reading that.
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:22 am Reply with quote
I think he deserved to win hands down. He even has a missing arm too! Way to go!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote
Awesome. I have yet to ready it. I already read Nonnoba so this will be my next summer reading. Very good news.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1