• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Milky Holmes Alternative One Special's Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manhiem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I always felt that the writers missed a brilliant opportunity with the original show. They could have done a 'reverse magical girl' show, where a group of girls lost their magical powers and had to learn to develop other strengths to compensate. They could have had a dramatic show about loss, grief, and recovery, but instead they just went for cheap fanservice and slapstick comedy. I was really disappointed.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quote
manhiem wrote:
I always felt that the writers missed a brilliant opportunity with the original show. They could have done a 'reverse magical girl' show, where a group of girls lost their magical powers and had to learn to develop other strengths to compensate. They could have had a dramatic show about loss, grief, and recovery, but instead they just went for cheap fanservice and slapstick comedy. I was really disappointed.

It should've been obvious that the show wasn't going to be dramatic.
WallNotifyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote
manhiem wrote:

They could have done a lot of things with Milky Holmes. But they decided to go the "bland comedy and fanservice" route.

A route that leads straight to craptown.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quote
manhiem wrote:

Could've/Would've/Should've

I happen to like the show the way they did it, not everything has to be about blah, blah, and blah.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:51 am Reply with quote
They never did get their toys back, did they?
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:06 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
They never did get their toys back, did they?

spoiler[They did at the end of the first season, but then lost them again. They then gained them again in like episode 10, 11 or whatever of the second season, then lost them again.]
N.R.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:03 am Reply with quote
I liked the first season. It was really funny. But then the second season came and the writers turned the show into crazy nonsensical slapstick. I didn't like that. This special on the other hand sounds like some much needed improvement.

I believe the TV series was not series because the games are serious. I would have liked that reverse magical girl theme better though :/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1