• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Summer Wars Anime Film's 1st Five Minutes Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:31 am Reply with quote
That's weird. They rarely do that kind of thing in Japan for anime.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:13 am Reply with quote
Bandai! License this please. I wanna see it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Unknown Memory

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Agh... It's great to see the first five minutes. I had to play this clip several times because the imagery was not showing up on my media player. At this point, the video footage is coming in slowly. Hopefully, it'll get smoother for each replay.

When I had no footage, I felt like I was hearing a drama CD than a preview. Haha.. "Yokoso!" It's odd hearing the Japanese and English voices going at the same time. (Future English dub hint, eh?)

In terms of the preview, I'm not surprised hearing those beeping sounds at the beginning. That's just so his style! And I love the music. <3 And...a keyhole! Ooo. I wonder if there's someone that has a "key" to it?

Edit: I can't wait for August 1st! Even if we'll have to wait for a long time for it to be leaked somewhere... >.<
Proman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Sounds interesting. I'd be interested in seeing this.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Unknown Memory wrote:
Shocked Agh... It's great to see the first five minutes. I had to play this clip several times because the imagery was not showing up on my media player. At this point, the video footage is coming in slowly. Hopefully, it'll get smoother for each replay.

I had the same problem too.
I gave up and watched it on Youtube.

The boy with the ears screams out Mickey Mouse lol.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I've been looking forward to Mamoru Hosoda's new work ever since I watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. So far this is looking like an excellent fallow up for him and I think this might solidify him as a top rate director. I really hope this movie gets licensed soon so I can watch it. It looks amazing in all aspects.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cynim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:04 am Reply with quote
That is certainly a movie a lot of people are looking forward to seeing it ! Loved The Girl who Leapt through Time, and Summer Wars seems just as great ! can't wait ! ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1