• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
intrusive tv style ads

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stanislaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:46 am Reply with quote
I am writing this in hopes of starting a discussion about the new TV style ads. This style of advertising is intrusive (sound!) and worse irrelevant (American celebrity news!).
For the Encyclopedia alone, ANN is a valuable resource to the Amine community. The Features and reviews are always informative and entertaining.
It is sad to see that the website has to resort to intrusive ads. I frequently recommend the site to my friends, now I will have to do so with a caveat.
In order to browse free of these ads ANN will have my Subscriber dollar, but only under protest.
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote
There's a thread for reporting invasive ads; sometimes advertisers sneak them in.
stanislaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I hope it is a case of advertisers sneaking in extra content. Upon subscribing and changing my settings, I am able to turn off the ad.
In any case, ANN should know how it looks to the casual visitor.
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm not an expert on web advertising, but I don't think ANN always knows in advance what ads will be run because of how they're pushed out by the advertiser. Which is why that thread exists; if an advertiser is breaking the agreement then Chris (the CEO) can follow up on it. I'm sure he could shine more light on it if you ask. But definitely do report that ad.
stanislaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, Saffire for the tip. That thread has been moved to the one in this subject line. I have copied my message there.
CPM Star Anchor Ads->Bugs&Technical Questions->Site Related
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1