• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cartoon Network Anime Highlights

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vekou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:05 pm Reply with quote
How can these be the second "seasons"? I was under the impression that season 2 of Stand Alone Complex begins at episode 26 (February 12 would be episode 14) and that "seasons" doesn't even apply to Fullmetal Alchemist. Furthermore, why even bother with calling them "seasons" if there's no time gap (in terms of air dates) at all seperating it from the first one?

Also, why do they use the word "returning"? As far as I know, they haven't gone anywhere.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Good question, maybe Cartoon Network has 13 episode seasons, but there is no actual gap in airing the episodes. Maybe it has something to do with the FCC requirements.

BTW, what the heck is D.I.C.E.?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
biliano*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:26 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
BTW, what the heck is D.I.C.E.?

D.I.C.E., which stands for DNA Intergrated Cybernetic Enterprises, is an anime created by Bandai and animated by Studio Xebec. From what I read in Anime Insider, D.I.C.E. is the first anime entirely produced by Bandai. Bandai is planning on this to be the next "big" franchise to hit North America; they plan to produce toys, action figures, and a trading card game to be released this spring.

I'm curious as to see if this series will live up to the hype that Bandai is giving it.

Last edited by biliano* on Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
emory

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:40 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
I'm curious as to see if this series will live up to the hype that Bandai is giving it.

ANN forgot to mention that episode 1 of DICE is streaming online at Toonami.com .

It looks and sounds like crap. Blue Water Studios did the voices.
Zellian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:39 pm Reply with quote
I have only seen a few episodes of Full Metal Alchemist, but doesn't Edward lose his arm and not his leg like it says in the article? Just curious....
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Zellian wrote:
I have only seen a few episodes of Full Metal Alchemist, but doesn't Edward lose his arm and not his leg like it says in the article? Just curious....

He loses his right arm and left leg.
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:27 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Good question, maybe Cartoon Network has 13 episode seasons, but there is no actual gap in airing the episodes. Maybe it has something to do with the FCC requirements.

No, Cartoon Network likes to split up episodes and air them in bunches. While their original series have 13 episode seasons, the anime doesn't.
biliano*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:30 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
It looks and sounds like crap. Blue Water Studios did the voices.

I'm glad you mentioned this. Blue Water Studios also did the voices for Zoids, another series animated by Xebec. Based on this and from what I read in both AI and the press release, it seems that D.I.C.E. could be Bandai's version of Zoids.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:12 am Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
Based on this and from what I read in both AI and the press release, it seems that D.I.C.E. could be Bandai's version of Zoids.

Yeah, it's kinda like a cross between Kamen Rider and Zoids. It's pretty much Bandai's next SD Gundam Force.

And the official website for those interested: www.diceofficial.com

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:37 am Reply with quote
I am interested in seeing what D.I.C.E. is like. Since its taking Rave Master's place there is nothing else to watch.

And a lot of anime have 13 episode seasons so, whatever...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hkrok76

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:47 am Reply with quote
the song they use (i'm hoping to god it's not the theme...it probably is)in their little trailer on their site....is horrid. The singer can't sing and the music is...just bad....it's bad for even kid cartoon standards. The voice that comes out also makes me cringe....I have a feeling DICE is gonna be a huge hit. Which makes me sad. Ofcourse I also have a feeling it'll fall flat on its face. Either way, it's not looking pretty. We need a bit more quality kids anime coming out to make the entire thing a bit more legitimate, don't you think ^^
granted, many might disagree with me by saying there is no quality kids anime....yet I really enjoy konjiki no gashball which I refuse to call it by that other name...and also futari wa pretty cure who's first episode made my jaw drop from the fact that the magical girls were actually kicking arse and not taking names because the enemies couldn't answer back with a shoe in their mouth. Anyway. DICE isn't sounding pretty at least.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:36 am Reply with quote
D.I.C.E is entirely owned by Bandai Entertainment (BEI) and is the first show that they "produced" entirely on their own (with subcontractors, but no partners).

The show is geared towards kids. A couple of you mentionned Zoids, D.I.C.E has the same demographic.

So its not surprising that you weren't impressed by the voice acting, there's no point in them spending time and money creating a perfect dub for a children's show...

-t
emory

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:59 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
So its not surprising that you weren't impressed by the voice acting, there's no point in them spending time and money creating a perfect dub for a children's show...

-t

Be it a kids show or not, that penny-pinching mentality towards kids shows can only go so far. For example, I thought Duel Masters was hillarious thanks to a lot of the new editing, Plastic Cow's writers and staff, and the voice actors. Now I learn that for season 2 Hasbro wants to do the show for half the cost, and Plastic Cow claimed that would be impossible. So they told everyone at PC and the voice acting team to get lost, recasted the whole show, and is hiring a new production team. Now I fear Duel Masters season 2 won't be nearly as entertaining as it is now because Hasbro was more concerned with squeezing more blood out of rocks than actually making a fun and funny show.
Royal78

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:52 pm Reply with quote
hi there
Danith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Dude for one thing its never good for your health to watch animes on cartoon network go out and randomly rent in japenese with english subtitles, plus I mean Cartoon network likes screwin with things don't it?[color=red][/color]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1