• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bakemonogatari's 1st Unaired Episode Delayed 1 Week

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:56 am Reply with quote
I died a little after reading this. I want Bakemonogatari NOW.

I guess I'll go to some random bridge and contemplate suicide while listening to depressing music and cutting myself. It certainly would be more fun than thinking about how long it will be until November 2nd.

(Sorry for the macabre post, but I really want people to understand that I'm a just a little impatient.)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:57 am Reply with quote
Eh, five days ain't the end of the world. It will be annoying, however, if this is the first of a series of delays. In the meantime, would some nice Kiwi be a dear and go to dtm42's house to remove all sharp objects and anything that can be fashioned into a rope?
AndrewSP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:32 am Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad
On one hand, this hopefully means we'll get a high-quality animated episode.

On the other hand, they've had a month to animate this, and it's not ready yet? I guess the cour limit was a blessing in disguise; I don't know what we would have gotten if they had to deliver episode 13 a week after 12. We don't want another episode 10; a blemish on one of the best shows of the year.

Also, we need to make sure dtm42 isn't hiding any sharp objects Senjougahara-style. Razz
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quote
5 days isn't to bad

I'm giving Shaft a ok with pushing back the episodes. They have a lot on there plate with Natsu no Arashi, the SZS OVA, plus Negima!'s OVAs and now a movie.

I say give them some time, we will get the episodes some time in the near future
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:59 am Reply with quote
AndrewSP wrote:
We don't want another episode 10; a blemish on one of the best shows of the year.

Oh, so it picks up again after episode 10? *Whew!* The animation therein truly was... lacking.

As you can see, the 5-day delay hardly matters to me at this point, since I'm missing 11 and 12.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:15 pm Reply with quote
They had all that time and yet it's still not done? *Drinks in the irony* Laughing
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Do we get a nice boat video, at least?
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
They had all that time and yet it's still not done?

It's already well documented that SHAFT are in dire need of more staff.
Bare in mind they are are working on Natsu no Arashi 2, which is currently airing on TV, and you can see the problem.
If they had to make a decision to put more people on one of the shows, naturally it would be the one airing on TV over the one streaming for free on their web page.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Internet broadcast isn't completely free though. And they have to pay the tv station for airing slots. But clearly, they won't have another chance if they miss their airing slot, unlike with internet broadcasting.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
5 days isn't to bad

I'm giving Shaft a ok with pushing back the episodes. They have a lot on there plate with Natsu no Arashi, the SZS OVA, plus Negima!'s OVAs and now a movie.

I say give them some time, we will get the episodes some time in the near future

Hidamari Sketch x365 specials, too, no? I just saw a new one.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
ninjapet wrote:
5 days isn't to bad

Hidamari Sketch x365 specials, too, no? I just saw a new one.

Forgot about that series (It's on my to watch list to )

So they have a lot on there plates, given the fact all of those series sell some what they would want to take time and make sure it looks nice. Plus I rather wait the extra week to see one episode then see it turn out like episode 10.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little disappointed, but then if it wasn't delayed by the time it was subbed I'd probably be on my way to YoumaCon and unable to watch it until November anyway.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:51 am Reply with quote
Five days isn't so bad, but I have to say...I was expecting a lot more upheaval from the fans, given the whole "impatience" mentality that tends to run wild.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:26 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Oh, so it picks up again after episode 10? *Whew!* The animation therein truly was... lacking.

What, Bakemonogatari is animated? I'm currently at episode 5 and I feel like I'm sitting here watching a bunch of stills. I swear, it's that and nothing but text written across the screen. If this is what the series is like now, I can't even imagine what pleasures await me in episode 10.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:24 am Reply with quote
Ai no Kareshi wrote:
If this is what the series is like now, I can't even imagine what pleasures await me in episode 10.

Even more on-screen text, only this time appearing instead of a major fight scene. That's right, they couldn't animate a huge proportion of the fight, so all we got was words on red or black backgrounds. At the least the audio was left in . . .

However, it is of my opinion that not only was the animation sub-par in episode ten, but so was the artistry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2