• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sorry

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h2326q

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:18 am Reply with quote
This is in regards to an ill worded post I made, those of you who do not know what I am talking about I recommend you search for it.

I am a cutter myself so I am very aware that the lines between pleasure and pain can be blurred. Now if you consider that one woman in every few thousand (I can't find the figure at the moment, it was in an essay by a female sexologist) has admitted having an orgasm through rape, and take in to account that there are doubtlessly those who are too ashamed to admit it, plus the number of rapes that go unreported, a small minority can become a big number. Reading through my post I realised it was stupid not to take into account that not everyone is like myself and other cutters I have known who are able to make genuine jokes about suicide, and are able to approach even the most horrifying issues with clinical detachment.

This is a message from Craig who is rightfully feeling like scum and hoping that you will pass this on to anyone I hurt.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:08 am Reply with quote
Ummm, okay. May want to post that in the relevant thread or something, but creating a new discussion thread for this really isn't necessary.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1