• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hatsune Miku Virtual Idol to Hold 1st Solo Concert

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtnishi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Huh. While "sankyu" was a possibility, my first mental instinct was "3/9? Oh, how cute, Mi-Ku". Is it just one of those two-way meaning situation where they wanted to use both?
cat_clan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Actually Hatsune Miku had already held a concert called Miku FES'09 (Natsu) on 08.31.2009. This concert was to celebrate her second anniversary. You can find more information about it here:
http://www.mikufes.jp/
The biggest surprise in that concert was that Hatsune Miku was brought to the "real world" using cutting edge hologram technology.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quote
cat_clan wrote:
Actually Hatsune Miku had already held a concert called Miku FES'09 (Natsu) on 08.31.2009. This concert was to celebrate her second anniversary. You can find more information about it here:
http://www.mikufes.jp/
The biggest surprise in that concert was that Hatsune Miku was brought to the "real world" using cutting edge hologram technology.

Like the Animelo Summer Live 2009 Re:bridge concert that came before it, Miku FES'09 (Natsu) was not billed as a solo concert since she shared the stage with other acts.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:02 pm Reply with quote
This'll be like a less sinister version of Macross Plus!
Within reason of course. I shouldn't expect Hatsune Miku will have much to say aside from what the good people from Yamaha have programmed her to.
Perhaps they could make the system a little more lively. Somebody backstage could be typing away Miku's lyrics as the song plays, introducing a degree of improvisation into the performance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Now that would be great to go to
maaya

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
because "3/9" can be pronounced in Japanese in the same way as the English word "thank."

it's "thank you" (=sankyu)
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:47 pm Reply with quote
maaya wrote:
Quote:
because "3/9" can be pronounced in Japanese in the same way as the English word "thank."

it's "thank you" (=sankyu)

In this case, it's "thank" or "sanku" since it is called "39's Giving Day" or "Thank's Giving Day/Thanksgiving Day"
Manwards

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Wouldn't it make more sense to have Saki Fujita do the concert, with her being the "live" Miku? Or would that be considered cheating? But then, I think Vocaloids sound dreadful, myself. Impressive technology, certainly, but not the kind of thing I'd actually want to listen to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1