• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Announces Stan Lee's Heroman

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh, sweet. Well I'll definitely be tuning in for it.

...In before CR haters begin their bitching... Rolling Eyes
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Difference between hating CR, hating how criminals became rich , and hating how they many issues their player has for a lot of people. almost every show I've seen comments about player issues.

Anyway, on main topic this is one show that doesnt interest me , but good to know there's a new FLOW CD coming out with how busy they've been/ going to be.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Why couldn't this series come out simulatneous with the DVD release in Japan? This is a show I won't enjoy over streaming, I need to enjoy this on my TV, with a bunch of episodes at a time.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Woo hoo for CR.
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:51 pm Reply with quote
KanjiiZ wrote:
Why couldn't this series come out simulatneous with the DVD release in Japan? This is a show I won't enjoy over streaming, I need to enjoy this on my TV, with a bunch of episodes at a time.

I actually kind of agree with this. This looks like a spam-watch show.

In any case, as a premium member, I say W00T! GO CR!
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:05 pm Reply with quote
My problem with Crunchyroll is that 99% of the stuff on there I'm not interested in, and the occassional exceptions aren't enough to justify getting a premium membership.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Heroman is a title I have a mild curiosity about, so I'll definitely give it a watch. Heroman was a CR potential due to the Tokyo TV connection. Personally, there's a slew of other titles I'm more interested in and it looks like CR is only running six new shows, so obviously there's only five slots left.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:49 pm Reply with quote
well first off in after haters. Heroman looks cool I guess I could check it out.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:48 pm Reply with quote
There were some issues with the earlier streams but that was a while ago. Have you actually seen any of the more recent HD streams, like in the last year, for yourself? Or is this all from hearsay.. They're practically the same as what you'd get from a fansub encode, seeing as how they use the same process.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:54 pm Reply with quote
The 720p for Durarara!!, at least, has been really good, easily comparable to the HD fansubs I got for the second season of Darker than Black. They take a while to buffer on my connection, but less time than downloading a mega file.

I will admit that CR has translation issues that you'd expect with doing multiple simulcasts, but no more than speedsubs (usually less). And if you think they're "getting rich" off this... HA! Yeah, they make a little money, but there's this crazy idea out there that if someone performs a service for you, you ought to compensate them in some way.

I probably won't be renewing my premium membership when it expires. But I do appreciate getting legal streams, even with week's delay. And yes, I want to check Heroman out, a title like that sort of begs you to.
sdhd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:24 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:

And if you think they're "getting rich" off this... HA! Yeah, they make a little money, but there's this crazy idea out there that if someone performs a service for you, you ought to compensate them in some way.

There is no free lunch.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:58 am Reply with quote
Good for them, I won't be watching as I abstain from companies who suck at international but that's their problem, not mine.
vashfanatic wrote:
I will admit that CR has translation issues that you'd expect with doing multiple simulcasts, but no more than speedsubs (usually less). And if you think they're "getting rich" off this... HA! Yeah, they make a little money, but there's this crazy idea out there that if someone performs a service for you, you ought to compensate them in some way.

There's also the crazy idea that if someone comes charging at you with over $200 for your imported anime that you service them instead of telling them to go 'eff off but there you go.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:54 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Good for them, I won't be watching as I abstain from companies who suck at international but that's their problem, not mine.

Your problem is with Japan, not Crunchyroll. They don't choose who gets to watch a show and who doesn't, I'm sure they'd love to be able to serve everyone the same way YouTube does. It's the Japanese license holders that decide how far CR can go with their streams. You also need to consider that it's your country that's the problem, not all will approve of the content of these streams while others have restrictions on certain video streams. CR is far from being some horrible company that takes joy from teasing people from shows they can't watch, there are factors that need to be considered.

That said, even though I'm on my second year as a paid member I still hate their player. The video quality has improved a lot since they went legit, but the actual stream is often sluggish and stutters frequently on some days. I don't even bother watching the 720 streams, they just don't stream right at all for me. I have a great PC and a good internet connection, but rarely do a get a perfect stream without jumping and pausing multiple times. I don't have these problems with Hulu or FUNi's player (which could stand better quality video).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:59 am Reply with quote
That's nice. I'm not especially fired up over Heroman but I would still like to see it.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote
Looks interesting I'll give it a look. Reminds me of something out of 'Gad-Guard' but with some over the top hyperbole you'd find in 'Gurren Lagann' only less crazy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2