• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ai no Kotodama, DenYuDen, Strike Witches Videos Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
einhorn303

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:30 am Reply with quote
I'm totally fanboying out over the Strike Witches promos. Like I said on the AnimeOnDVD forums, my thoughts on it are:

"It's interesting how many very specific "visual cues" they've inherited from the previous season. For example, the animation of Minna's hair in the wind is very stylistically similar to her wind-swept hair at the end of S1's Episode 10. The OP clip also borrows a lot from the S1 OP's fight scene, and the fight scene of the 1st episode. I mean, of course it would look similar since it's the same characters fighting the same Neuroi, but it seems like they mimicked specific pieces of shot composition and animation.

It seems they're really focusing on making something that won't alienate the first season's fans, though I'd appreciate moving beyond that into new motifs too. I especially hope to see some new characters outside of the 501st. If Helma Lennartz shows up, I'll worship AIC. Well, I guess I can't speculate too much based on a few 30-second clips.

They're playing up the "animal familiars" more in the ED. Lynette's Scottish Fold tea pot and her smiling face are so cuuuuute. And Sanya's insignia has the White Rose/Lily of Stalingrad!"

...and now this Summer is assured to be awesome. We need a simulcast announcement for Strike Witches S2 from CrunchyRoll or Funimation right now, though.
Annf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:22 am Reply with quote
Yoshika's narration line at the beginning of the first video confuses me.
Strike Witches 2 trailer #1 wrote:
平和になった世界に、再びネウロイの脅威が迫る
"In a world at peace, the Neuroi threat looms once again."

spoiler[I thought the first series story only made an impact on one small part of the world and the Neuroi war was still going on lots of other places, so the world wasn't "at peace." Then again, I didn't follow why the 501st disbanded at the end of the first series.]
vega427

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:21 pm Reply with quote
YYYEEEAAAHHH!!!!! STRIKE WITCHES 2 is almost here!!!!

thanks, that's all I wanted to say.
OtakuExile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm all about Strike Withes 2. Not only because it's a decent show, but the reaction it gets from people is priceless.

Legend of the Legendary heroes. Really? Ughh, these people are scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one. I admit that it's fun as well as easy to draw anime characters in medieval getup's but it's far too over saturated at this point in time. It's boring.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, I hope Funi got good enough sales with Strike Witches season 1 to license season 2. I won't hold my breath though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1