Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Kämpfer Project Launch Announced


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
egoist



Joined: 20 Jun 2008
Posts: 7762
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:51 am Reply with quote
Oh noes. I just hope there are plenty of naked chicks this time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
RaZoR No1



Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:58 am Reply with quote
maybe a season 2 or do you think it will be a spin off?
the ending of kämpfer was pretty bad. (it stopped in the middle of the anime)
so a second season would be great.
i liked kämpfer and i hope they will show us a good show ^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnimeALLDAY



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quote
well they never really explained the plot that much so i hope season 2 would work on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zeonozero



Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 85
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:49 am Reply with quote
AnimeALLDAY wrote:
well they never really explained the plot that much so i hope season 2 would work on that


They did explain it, how they were being used to determine the winners of another fight in another galaxy or something like that.
It just was not really explained till really late in the series.
But i do wish that another series for anime comes out. It was pretty funny to see Natsuro try to adapt as a girl and then fight with powers as well.
I never read the manga fully, cause now anime just looks so good graphics wise that only a few manga are nice cause they really have different storylines.
But anyway, Kampfer should get more credit, even if it did censor all the great fanservice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Renaisance Otaku



Joined: 15 Jan 2004
Posts: 469
Location: Modesto, CA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:20 am Reply with quote
I recently watched the previous series too, so interesting timing. Definitely light on the plot and characterization until the end, but still a bit amusing. Especially the seiyuu jokes. Hopefully the second season actually goes somewhere. Maybe some actual fighting (for a show called "Fighter" it sure was light on it, something they did joke about as well). At least we'll get more Shizuku.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Megiddo



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 8140
Location: IL
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:25 am Reply with quote
zeonozero wrote:
But anyway, Kampfer should get more credit, even if it did censor all the great fanservice.

Credit as what? A fighter? The fight scenes themselves left much to be desired. The only thing Kampfer gets credit for from me is taking the same stupid scenario of all girls fighting eachother (Ikkitousen, Queens Blade, Sekirei, etc) and cashing in on the whole thing. It didn't have an ounce of originality (male character turning into a girl has been done a bazillion times since it got big results in Ranma) and the only thing it's good for is softcore entertainment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
firedragon54738



Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 3112
Location: wisconsin
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:10 am Reply with quote
Come on season 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Togame



Joined: 22 Jan 2010
Posts: 149
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:15 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, a classic waiting to happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quelamune



Joined: 24 Sep 2009
Posts: 12
Location: Richmond, BC
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:16 pm Reply with quote
If they do a season 2, I hope they add a bit more of the plot.

The first season (can it be even called a first, if there's no second as of yet?) started pretty strong I think, but then seemingly tapered into a fanservice Smörgåsbord... and really nothing more. Was pretty disappointed. I had such high hopes (but that might have been me wishing for too much... I never did read the manga).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Past



Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 3256
Location: China (Searching for Jusenkyo)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Credit as what? A fighter? The fight scenes themselves left much to be desired. The only thing Kampfer gets credit for from me is taking the same stupid scenario of all girls fighting eachother (Ikkitousen, Queens Blade, Sekirei, etc) and cashing in on the whole thing. It didn't have an ounce of originality (male character turning into a girl has been done a bazillion times since it got big results in Ranma) and the only thing it's good for is softcore entertainment.
The guy turning into a girl is a type of fanservice category meant to appeal to a target group of fans (mostly guys btw). Each of the girls fit into their own moe inducing categories. So to say that a character like Natsuru has been done a bazillion times is like saying a character like Kaede has been done a bazillion times. Actually when you look at the male->female character trope, it represents but a minuscule percentage of all the major ones out there. Character types reoccur and reoccur, does that invalidate their existence?

I'm also excited about this new project. I hope they keep all the same characters and not have it wind up something like Mai Hime (edit: Mai Otome).


Last edited by Past on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime
BlackJaded



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 332
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Credit as what? A fighter? The fight scenes themselves left much to be desired. The only thing Kampfer gets credit for from me is taking the same stupid scenario of all girls fighting eachother (Ikkitousen, Queens Blade, Sekirei, etc) and cashing in on the whole thing. It didn't have an ounce of originality (male character turning into a girl has been done a bazillion times since it got big results in Ranma) and the only thing it's good for is softcore entertainment.
The guy turning into a girl is a type of fanservice category meant to appeal to a target group of fans (mostly guys btw). Each of the girls fit into their own moe inducing categories. So to say that a character like Natsuru has been done a bazillion times is like saying a character like Kaede has been done a bazillion times. Actually when you look at the male->female character trope, it represents but a minuscule percentage of all the major ones out there. Character types reoccur and reoccur, does that invalidate their existence?

I'm also excited about this new project. I hope they keep all the same characters and not have it wind up something like Mai Hime.


Oh come on, Mai HiME original character were awesome but they didn't get alot screen time actually because 26 episodes and including a disappointing Mai Otome too. Even though I'm stoked for another Kampfer, even though I hope for a good plot and just like the HiME saga coming soon as well. At least HiME didn't overdue their characters that much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
The King of Harts



Joined: 05 May 2009
Posts: 6712
Location: Mount Crawford, Virginia
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I hope the first season gets licensed and dubbed. I've been wanting to see it ever since it was announced.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LeanGreen



Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 323
Location: New England
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:33 pm Reply with quote
It's a pretty entertaining show with some good laughs. Just don't go into it expecting too much. For this type of show I really liked the last couple of episodes, where the plot really starts to be shown and, uh, other stuff... But in all seriousness, if you like or don't mind ecchi I'd recommend this one. So I'm excited if a second season is coming out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Past



Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 3256
Location: China (Searching for Jusenkyo)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quote
No I loved Mai Hime and all the characters. That's why I'm complaining, I think all subsequent seasons of it should have used the same characters instead of revamping it with Mai Otome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime
ArsenicSteel



Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 2370
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote
My complaints about the season 1 was how the plot at the end seemed rushed, jumbled, and incomplete. A second season would really help this anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group