• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Udon Licenses Summer Wars & Takehito Harada Art Books

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote
All I have to say is....

Love Summer Wars & Disgaea, deffinantly looking forward to both of these releases!
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Hello new Summer Wars material! Definitely got to pick this up eventually, that movie is one of my all time favorite...hell, favorite ANYTHING.

Udon does manga sometimes too, right? Wonder if they'd be interested in bringing over the Summer Wars manga as well. It's more or less the same as the movie, but there is an added little bonus at the end that's rather sweet, so I'm fond of it as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:46 pm Reply with quote

Summer Wars was brilliant (going to need to buy a DVD set to rewatch it, PS3 kicked the bucket) and Harada has done some great artwork for Disgaea and otherwise.

It was especially cool when Valkyria Chronicles 3's art book was confirmed despite the game never leaving Japan. I haven't even played the second game myself, but I'll have all three on my shelf very soon. >_>
kazziyan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Omg another Harada book. Perfect. Master of DFC girls. Plus with mai Etna on cover is a bonus. <3
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Loving everyone's post. I definitely want the Summer Wars book. I've been pondering picking it up sometime before last year's end. I had planned to import it along with 'Wolf Children' and 'GWLTT'. Definitely on my list of buys. I also want the Harada works book as well.
victor viper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote
The Harada book is a definite order for me. I love Disgaea, and Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom were highly under the radar. It's interesting that the book is titled "Takehito Harada Art Works I"; maybe there will be a follow up somewhere down the line with art from Disgaea 3/4 and Mugen Souls.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:52 pm Reply with quote
YES........I love Harada's art-style, though I prefer it after about Disgaea 3, when it got more cartoony. I'd love to get this.
Gwydion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Ooooh, a Summer Wars book! I think I know what my birthday present to myself will be this year. Razz I love art/info books like this!
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Hello new Summer Wars material! Definitely got to pick this up eventually, that movie is one of my all time favorite...hell, favorite ANYTHING.

Udon does manga sometimes too, right? Wonder if they'd be interested in bringing over the Summer Wars manga as well. It's more or less the same as the movie, but there is an added little bonus at the end that's rather sweet, so I'm fond of it as well.

Agreed, it would be nice to see them pick up the manga as well, hopefully they will do so if the Artbook sales well.
Expias

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm not familiar with the licensing and release of material books, does this mean Udon will release the Summer Wars book translated?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1