• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: Toradora! 1-4 (free), 5-25 (premium)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:09 am Reply with quote
Wow, talk about a surprise get (or two for that matter)! I still intend to buy the DVDs (dragging my feet, I know), but this is great for people who either want to sample the first couple episodes or are looking for a cheaper alternative to DVDs.

(BTW, the rotating banner can't seem to handle more than 4 items, the fifth item pushes the rest up and covers the (discuss) button.)

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
clipeuh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:35 am Reply with quote
14$? That's two months of crunchyroll for just a single show in SD. Laughing
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:45 am Reply with quote
Sorry, fast.animenewsnetwork.com/video/9936/ could not be found.
Were you looking for the following?
Now Streaming: Toradora! 1-4 (free), 5-25 (premium)

EDIT: Disregard this, as I am able to access the video now.

Last edited by Megiddo on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Otaking09

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:15 am Reply with quote
4 is nice, but 2 is ALLLL you'll need to know what you need to know...

But... maybe after those 2, you'll want... more??? Eheh...

Still, I wouldn't go so far as to say it rips your heart, as much as it relaxes it, cradles it with the promise of candy and fluff, and... well, lets just say that the promise is harder to keep than others...

It's worth some time. If not for the release specs, I'd want to buy it as much as the next.
Dark Paladin X

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 am Reply with quote
I already own both box sets, so the stream doesn't really matter to me. Hope NIS America re-release the series with an English dub. I really want to hear Cristina Vee as Taiga.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:59 am Reply with quote
I really wish that I enjoyed watching stuff on my computer. If I did, I'd be all over this premium stuff...
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:16 am Reply with quote
A great show and my fav rom com. Thank you NIS for bringing this over.
CaptainFalcon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Hey, Anyone out there watching the whole series, make sure you watch after the credits in episode 16, there is a little extra thing in there, and the final episode.

My friend didn't watch after the credits in the final episode and it really ruined the series for him.
Otaking09

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hey, Anyone out there watching the whole series, make sure you watch after the credits in episode 16, there is a little extra thing in there, and the final episode.

If you're talking about when spoiler[Ryuji finds Taiga in the locker and... confesses] then... sorry to say but that had a negative effect on me.
Only furthered to seal the fact that Toradora! was sticking with it's "conventional" weapons to the very end... I rather it do that then pull of a Gainax(thank God this wasn't co-produced with them this time!) ending or something.

Not to mention, that, that final segment alone, wouldn't have done it for me, even if it was quality.
CaptainFalcon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Well after what she does, which she did because of everything from the last episode and a half, she finally came through with the promise that she made.

So really, I was expecting it and really wanted it to happen and felt that if they didn't do it that the series wouldn't have been as complete.

Although, they do end it before hand and it works out too.

So if you prefer the conventional, happy end, watch the final scene.

If you prefer a more open ended ending, feel free to stop beforehand.

Still, doesn't change the fact it is my all time favorite romance.
Otaking09

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Still, doesn't change the fact it is my all time favorite romance.

Hey. That's all that really matters. Right?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Dammit, why can't this be download to own! Just another internet perk I can't partake in, although I still might just because I do want to rewatch this and it's only 14 bucks. What to do, what to do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Splitter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Wow, ANN... seriously too bad I've already watched it because that price is a steal. Not only that but it really is a series worth the money... well up until the end, but mileage often varies on that topic.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Otaking09 wrote:
4 is nice, but 2 is ALLLL you'll need to know what you need to know...

But... maybe after those 2, you'll want... more??? Eheh...

I absolutely agree! This is what I've been waiting for!

I'm not really sure if Toradora is a show that I would buy, but the streaming option to sample the first few eppies is appreciated. For complex reasons, I never download illegally.

It is pure win that NIS is letting people like me sample these shows. I have been considering Persona for a while now, but never spent the money since I had no way of sampling it. Now I do.

Pandora Hearts? 2 eppies please? - that is a show that (from what I have heard, and based on the manga) I would probably buy...

Will probably spend the $$ here to watch Toradora instead of buying the DVDs. So good going ANN!
matthewlow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Ditto to the person above me; I never download or stream fansubs either, and many of my friends have been recommending this series for a while. The $44 price tag for each half (@RightStuf) has me vacillating over picking it up, and while the extras seem pretty nice, it's hard to say they're worth it if I don't love the series. Now if I did, and a free stream could help, I'd be all over it premium items.

With the rampant news of defective discs in the first set, it's enough to force me to stay away until either the price goes down or the issue gets fixed in the box. Guess I'm just way too used to RightStuf's studio sales, and NIS isn't on the rotation for that.

Now the big problem is if the series is as good as it is hyped up to be, then I'd be out $88 + $14 if I go after the streaming. Hrm.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2