• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Digimon Adventure PSP's Training, Dungeons Previewed in Videos

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonusStage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:51 am Reply with quote
Oooh, Pinocchimon was one of my favorite Digimon in Adventure. Evil little demon puppet who makes kids play 'real war' Evil or Very Mad

Kinda jarring to see a somewhat nice Pinocchimon in Xros Wars. Razz

Can't wait to see how his arc plays out in the PSP game, One of the best villains in the show.
sainta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote
WarGreymon and MagnaAngemon!!

Also the music from the first video bring back memories. I think was actually a famous melody but can't remember the title.
ShindoW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote
I didn't see Takato? Or was I just not looking close enough? lol

OP, love Puppetmon.. by far one of my fav villians of the series!
Crystal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:17 pm Reply with quote
*watches 2nd video*

Grrrr . . . like with Xros Wars, HOW is Daisuke the same age as Taichi in this? If they ever make a 02 game, won't that make Daisuke an 8th grader as well? I mean, around that point, he should've just had witnessed Digimon at the Fuji TV station.

Yes, I'm being a nerd . . .
Gwydion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
Also the music from the first video bring back memories. I think was actually a famous melody but can't remember the title.

It's Bolero by Maurice Ravel - I remember first recognizing it in Our War Game and having to look it up because it was bothering me that I couldn't think of it, lol.

So excited for this game!!
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Crystal wrote:
Grrrr . . . like with Xros Wars, HOW is Daisuke the same age as Taichi in this? If they ever make a 02 game, won't that make Daisuke an 8th grader as well? I mean, around that point, he should've just had witnessed Digimon at the Fuji TV station.

Time travel/dimension hopping. Simple enough explanation.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Crystal wrote:
*watches 2nd video*

I think it's virtual. At least, that's what I recall hearing as an explanation.
sainta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Crystal wrote:
*watches 2nd video*

Just pure fanservice. They could have picked 02 Tai to fit with Daisuke, but they used 01 Tai because he is more popular. Also, I guess they don't want to remind some fans about that ship sinking thing from Digimon 02 (it was actually very huge in Japan).
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
Also, I guess they don't want to remind some fans about that ship sinking thing from Digimon 02 (it was actually very huge in Japan).

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly why... Especially considering that was an edited dub insertion and all. It's just because Adventures Taichi is more iconic and how he looked when he was a main character, that's all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1