• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media's Neon Alley to Stream Accel World Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StormSky92

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I didn't really like Accel World all that much. Second half was so boring and uninteresting to me. I'd still be interested to hear the dub cast though.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote
hell yeah
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Sweet. Hopefully it won't take too long for a cast confirmation.
partysmores

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Are we not even gonna try to get this good show on Toonami? No? Suit yourself, Viz. Evil or Very Mad
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:29 pm Reply with quote
partysmores wrote:
Are we not even gonna try to get this good show on Toonami? No? Suit yourself, Viz. Evil or Very Mad

what make you think they haven't tried?
Thenobleshinobi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 pm Reply with quote
This was one of my suggestions to Neon Alley, glad they followed through, I'm really excited to see this despite a lot of others saying it wasn't that good.

I personally grew up out of the .hack series and know this is where the creator got his inspiration from for both Accel World and it's sister Sword Art Online so anything like .hack I Can see in English = awesome regardless.

Good job Neon Alley keep it coming!!!!

And why try to get this on Toonami when you could simply subscribe to Neon Alley and enjoy? Toonami isn't going to replay the episodes you missed out on unless it goes on haitus. Smile
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
still waiting for them to make this service available on PC. i just don't have 24/7 access to my ps3.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:06 am Reply with quote
StormSky92 wrote:
I didn't really like Accel World all that much. Second half was so boring and uninteresting to me. I'd still be interested to hear the dub cast though.

you don't like accel world...
but you want a dub...

I sure hope you are not one of those SAO fanboys because me and you seem like oil and water.

Accel world is over dramatic and does not have much replayability but I like it mostly because it does something different and tries to take a realistic approach to things.

anyway, who cares about neon alley. PS3 will be dead by the end of 2013. just release some blurays sometime soon.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:34 am Reply with quote
Pray to the utmost high for a recording by Studiopolis, Bang Zoom or return of Ocean Studio without the help of some except Carol Anne Daye
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:42 am Reply with quote
I hope this means there's a chance this gets a blu-ray release because even if I had Neon Alley my Internet isn't optimal for streaming and I'm really interested in seeing this.
StormSky92

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:23 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
StormSky92 wrote:

you don't like accel world...
but you want a dub...

I sure hope you are not one of those SAO fanboys because me and you seem like oil and water.

Accel world is over dramatic and does not have much replayability but I like it mostly because it does something different and tries to take a realistic approach to things.

anyway, who cares about neon alley. PS3 will be dead by the end of 2013. just release some blurays sometime soon.

I didn't say I wanted a dub, i'm just interested in hearing their English voices.

I'm not a SAO "fanboy", but it was better than Accel World. AW didn't focus on any of the things I was interested in about the series. It barely focused on beating the game and the clearly unstable relations between the factions. And then not mentioning or doing anything with that organization until the end. For me, Accel World nuked it's potentially by having the second season spoiler[have a fairly typical villain that I didn't feel had anything complex about his character. He was a d*** and that's all there was.]

At what "replayability" are you talking about? Any video games that spawned from the series are a whole other matter.
kotelocl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:43 am Reply with quote
StormSky92 wrote:
...I'm not a SAO "fanboy", but it was better than Accel World....

Because people died, right? 2edgy4me

TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:45 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

Aside from the fact that Sony only recently ceased manufacturing the PS2, it isn't as if all the PS3's currently in use are going to cease working the day Sony releases the next Playstation.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:19 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
potatochobit wrote:

Aside from the fact that Sony only recently ceased manufacturing the PS2, it isn't as if all the PS3's currently in use are going to cease working the day Sony releases the next Playstation.

On top of that, Neon Alley's coming to the Xbox 360, too, so I imagine it's doing well enough and getting enough requests to warrant an expansion in coverage. Viz Media has done a pretty good job with the channel, thus far, IMO…

More likely than not, Bang Zoom! will do Accel World, but I would personally like to see this or some other new Viz titles down the line be done by Ocean. I miss their pool of talent and they haven't been used very much in the last few years. It would be a nice change of pace from L.A.'s own (as good as they and BZ! are).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sukisho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:29 pm Reply with quote
partysmores wrote:

Toonami is still a limited experiment. They have to have the money themselves in order to pick up some of these shows, it's not really the companies that try to get them on there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3