• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 to Include 3 Hours of 358/2 Days Cutscenes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Really? The game had about ten minutes of actual voice acting.
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Really? The game had about ten minutes of actual voice acting.
I think they said they will voice every scenes.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote
what the hell square?? Just release a damn bluray movie instead for the love of god.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
I really hope this comes stateside.
terminus24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Don't see why it wouldn't.

Oh, wait, it's the Final Mix version. And this is Squeenix we're talking about here.

That said, I hope it gets a stateside release, but at this point, it doesn't seem too likely. Glad PS3 is region-free, might have to import this one.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Seems like Jessee pretty much confirmed a localization, which is nice. The only thing Im concerned about are the potential additional scenes/rewrites as far as KH1 goes. If Sora has any new lines, they would either have to re-record him for the whole game, or find a sound-alike. Hope they do the latter, because his voice was spot-on in that game.

3 Hours of content is actually pretty darned nice, wonder if theres a marathon mode or something. Thats probably whats bound to happen with Coded if that gets remade as well.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:13 pm Reply with quote
well there were new scenes in the final mix version but they were never voiced and i haven't heard anything about them being voiced in this new version.

but since its all but confirmed for English release I'm curious if they are gonna bring in Hayden to voice xion for the 358/2 days since they used her in 3D.

Last edited by everydaygamer on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Twilightmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but this wouldn't be the first time a voice actor confirmed doing work for a project that didn't actual release stateside (PS3 port of Tales of Vesperia, I'm looking at you) So don't get your hopes up on this coming to the US just yet. On top of the fact there hasn't been a single final mix brought over thus far.
Sango chan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't get my hopes up either. like the guy above said, Tales of Vesperia was confirmed to be english voiced, but then damn Bandai namco never released it. But it would be awsome if this was true. But Treat it as a rumor and nothing more till you see real prof from Square themselves.

though I don't know why they are so afraid that the Final mix's won't sell, Hell look at Atlus and Persona 3 and 4 they were 3 releases for Persona 3 had bunch of stuff added each time and people bought it. Same thing for persona 4 and Persona 4 Golden. there was a bunch of stuff added in golden.

Have faith in KH like you do with FF Dang it Square.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
well i doubt square would bring in the actors and then not release it. they aren't bamco.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Nothing quite like taking the absolute worst entry in the series with the shittiest writing, stretching the cutscenes into a 3-hour movie, then advertising it as the package's main hook.

If I wanted to commit suicide, there are less painful ways to pull it off than that. Worst thing is, some people will actually buy into this solely for that, and not the excellent (and only good game in whole f*cking series) original Kingdom Hearts. 50 shades of depressing.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
well that's your opinion. a lot of people liked the story in days. that said it should be interesting too see if its done well enough to justify the run time.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Well, to add further onto my opinion, there's absolutely nothing that it can offer to justify the runtime other than a complete absence altogether. The whole package would be better off - 358/2 Days is like that ugly cousin that just hovers and lingers and makes everyone else look unappealing and extremely uncomfortable.

In case you didn't catch my tone, I'm not the world's' biggest Kingdom Hearts fan. But I love the first game, and I absolutely hate what the rest of the entries did to shit on it. All said and done, I can still tolerate Chain of Memories.

Now, here's my question: Why the HELL would they add a whole godamn Days movie in here instead of Kingdom Hearts II, to essentially complete the package? KH2 is like the stupid-as-bells younger sister, but still kind of pretty. A whole lot more preferable than the Walking Plague.

It's just another misstep in a whole train of them Square's been making these last few years. It's like, at this point why even bother asking "Why"?

Semi-related to the post, but they revealed the official cover for the game now: http://i45.tinypic.com/2hckhlu.jpg

I'd really like to say it's pretty but....but they're making it really hard for me to ignore Days' existence, aren't they?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote
Deleted a bunch of posts in violation of the excessive quotation rule.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 am Reply with quote
@PrecisionCrab

well to answer why kh2 isn't on here it's because they are obviously going to do a KH 2.5 which includes KH 2 final mix, birth by sleep(arguably the best game in the series since the original) and prolly give 3D the same treatment as days.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2