• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Star Driver Film Earns 57 Million Yen in 1st 9 Days

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twilightmaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure how this compares to other movies of it's stature, but it seems rather low, especially next to the profits of a monster series' movie like One Piece.

It's a shame we don't see more high budget projects like this from BONES studio. They're easily my favorite animation studio to date.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Now that Bandai is gone I wonder if anyone will license the movie (or rescue the show). I loved the series (hence the avatar). It felt reminiscent of Utena with a bit of Gurren Lagann thrown in.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
shamisen the great wrote:
Now that Bandai is gone I wonder if anyone will license the movie (or rescue the show). I loved the series (hence the avatar). It felt reminiscent of Utena with a bit of Gurren Lagann thrown in.
The show is still under Bandai's license (as confirmed by Aniplex at Katsucon this past weekend). Given that Star Driver is an Aniplex title, you may see them bring it over once it's released in Japan on BD/DVD similar to the Gurren Lagann movies (which also had TV series released by Bandai and movies by AoA).
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:58 am Reply with quote
I want to see it, i enjoyed the series. I just i hope it lives up to its television counterpart.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1