• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Makoto Shinkai Discusses Link Between His Personal Life and Weathering With You

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Awww, now this was really sweet to read. I plan on watching Weathering With You when it comes out. I did like Your Name, but I didn't feel it to be the masterpiece everyone was making it out to be, and personally, I felt some jokes it had either didn't land or overstayed their welcome (Like the incessant boob gags).
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:29 pm Reply with quote
That was a excellent review. I cannot wait for it to be released here and I am so lloking forward to it. I really loved Your Name.
ericarreza

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
When the time came to start working on his next film in earnest, Shinkai's thoughts turned to climate change. "People say that humans are destroying nature for the sake of their own conveniences, and I agree with that," he said. "And yet I'm the kind of person who doesn't hesitate to turn on the air conditioning in my room when it's hot. Climate change is a large-scale phenomenon with an unimaginable scope, but there's not much a person can do about it on an individual level. Even so, my actions as a single person have a definite effect on the environment. It may feel like something that's out of your realm of responsibility, but it absolutely isn't. I made the film while thinking about how to deal with that problem through the framework of entertainment."

Nice quote for Makoto Shinkai on regarding to climate change but I wonder if Donald Trump & that current Brazilian president who are still struggling to put the fire out in the Amazon rainforest will gonna watch his latest film. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1