• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kuroko's Basketball Threats Cancel Osaka Dōjinshi Event

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh, for the love of Idon'tknowwhat this is just ridiculous. We haven't heard of this asshole in months, and according to this, previous events that allowed KuroBas circles to participate continued without disturbances, what's the big idea? If I could afford it, I'd be importing the manga's 21 volumes and a shitload of KagamixKuroko doujinshis just to spite these idiots.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:49 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Oh, for the love of Idon'tknowwhat this is just ridiculous. We haven't heard of this asshole in months, and according to this, previous events that allowed KuroBas circles to participate continued without disturbances, what's the big idea? If I could afford it, I'd be importing the manga's 21 volumes and a shitload of KagamixKuroko doujinshis just to spite these idiots.

+10. Really, it's been so long since we've heard of the idiot and they're still spooked? This will only encourage him to start the threats again considering they're still scared of him! Rolling Eyes

Oh well, I'm getting my second season and that's all that matters to me. Laughing
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Meanwhile, Japanese police twiddle their thumbs and hope that the situation resolves itself somehow!
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I might have found a group of law enforcement more incompetent than Detroit Police Department.

At this point isn't this an act of terrorism? (the substances/powder envelopes) Are there any other police above the regular cops that could take over this investigation? It just seems like they would be looking more for these people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote
This is still going on? Man...
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:35 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I might have found a group of law enforcement more incompetent than Detroit Police Department.

At this point isn't this an act of terrorism? (the substances/powder envelopes) Are there any other police above the regular cops that could take over this investigation? It just seems like they would be looking more for these people.

you are correct my friend on all counts last I checked.
This is why you (almost) never give in to terrorist because then they control you, you lose your equal footing with them.
I can add kuroko dojinshi to my amazon store if people actually do want to buy them.
StormSky92

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Terrorist Threatening in Japan: Police do nothing.
Terrorist Threatening in America: FBI hunts down your ass and throws in jail.

Japan could actually learn something from America, for once.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh for the love of all that which is manga and anime these people are impossible the police departments of japan are so inept they are just encouriging the guy to make more threats i wouldnt be surprised if the guy who is doing this is simply doing it for the attention and kuruko basketball is the unfortune victim here and i haven. read or seen the anime if this appears one more time im going to watch the anime to bring it support ( i did not watch it before becuase im not a sport anime fan not becuase i think its bad just so u know) Mad Mad
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Oh for the love of all that which is manga and anime these people are impossible the police departments of japan are so inept they are just encouriging the guy to make more threats i wouldnt be surprised if the guy who is doing this is simply doing it for the attention and kuruko basketball is the unfortune victim here and i haven. read or seen the anime if this appears one more time im going to watch the anime to bring it support ( i did not watch it before becuase im not a sport anime fan not becuase i think its bad just so u know) Mad Mad

I'm with you on this. I didn't care at all for this manga/anime because I've never been a sports anime fan, but as soon as this threats started to come up I got interested and now I'm 20 chapters behind to catch up on the manga and enjoying it a lot (don't get me started on the doujinshis). I'm also planning to watch the anime soon, and was glad to hear the manga's sales spiked like crazy after this came up.
unready

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:07 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
At this point isn't this an act of terrorism?

"Terrorism" tends not to have a strict legal definition, but is generally a violent act or threat by an organization to coerce a political or social end.

A single sociopath acting alone is just a criminal committing an act of criminal intimidation, assault, or battery, despite the unfortunately popular phrase "lone wolf terrorist."

I can understand these cons wanting not to risk people's safety, but basically they're just agreeing to be bullied now. That's just sad.
relentlessflame

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:37 pm Reply with quote
The sad thing about all this is that, if someone really wanted to do something unbecoming at an event to send a message, they wouldn't have to give advanced warning. If only all psychopaths/sociopaths/"terrorists" were so well-mannered to always give warnings before attempting something crazy, and then to live up to their side of the bargain assuming the mitigating condition is met.
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
This a**hole again!? I thought we were over this dude!?
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote
StormSky92 wrote:
Terrorist Threatening in Japan: Police do nothing.
Terrorist Threatening in America: FBI hunts down your ass and throws in jail.

Japan could actually learn something from America, for once.

Because the FBI was so effective in the 2001 Anthrax Attacks, right?

We have to wait at least 8 years before we can say something like this.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote
"Why aren't the Japanese police doing anything!!!!!1one" How do you know they're not? Police work isn't ZOMG TAKE ALL THIS DEE EN AY TO THE MAGICAL TV PROCEDURAL CRIME LAB AND WE'LL CROSS CHECK ALL 125 MILLION JAPANESE CITIZENS, there may not be any DNA evidence at all, and letters sent anonymously are hard to trace.

Clearly these incompetent police are not zooming and enhancing enough.
Shattix123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Don´t care, no bl doujin for the fuyoshi ? Not really a lose for the world
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3