• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga Entertainment Announce Appleseed XIII and Fairy Tail Season 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
Wasn't there also mention of them trying to get K-ON! Oyster card holders for the K-ON! movie?
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Manga UK... Announcing FUNimation's licenses early for them yet again.
I like this lineup aside from Berserk Movie II being released in the coming October. Would like to see movies in addition to Strong World and Movie 8 (Alabasta).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Hmm?

"Funimation has acquired the broadcast, home entertainment, and streaming rights for the Appleseed XIII series."
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-06-30/funimation-adds-blood-c-film-more-ikki-tousen-michiko-to-hatchin

"Fairy Tail Season 2- 24 New Fairy Tail Episodes – We’ll follow the continuing adventures of our favorite Fairy Tail Guild members: Lucy, Natsu, Erza, Gray and Happy as they take on new jobs, make new friends, go against incredible adversaries and solve big mysteries all in the Kingdom of Fiore.

Fairy Tail – The Movie- – We’ll be introduced to a new female character that carries a mysterious stone with her called the Phoenix Stone. We’ll also find out how the Fairy Tail guild gets tied up in the mystery. It’s a great story that you won’t want to miss!"
http://www.funimation.com/rojas/blog/funimation-entertainment-announces-multiple-otakon-acquisitions/4470621
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quote
^More you know, that's what I get for guessing that is another case of us getting a license or release announced in the UK while everyone has to guess who is going to provide the dub or release it in North America like Fairy Tail Episode 1 to 48. >_>

There was a three month gap...
Manga UK: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-01-18/manga-uk-adds-fairy-tail-shikabane-hime-aka
FUNimation: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-22/funimation-adds-fairy-tail-live-action-treasure-hunter

It isn't that unusual for companies to grab the license to movies before they release even in Japan, so I guess I'm not going to be surprised next time.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Announcing they have it isn't a problem unless they're under some sort of NDA. Where they have put their foot in their mouth in the past is with Summer Wars and, IIRC, Evangelion when they not only announced the license before FUNimation did, but also said FUNimation was dubbing it...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1