• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Neon Alley Previews Fate/Zero Dub in Sneak Peek Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm I am very tempted to subscribe to Neon Alley just because of Fate/Zero..
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Sounds pretty good. Still kinda weird hearing Marc Diarson mixed in with all those California VA's though. Of course he may have actually moved there which would be pretty cool.

The promo clip with Matthew Mercer and Crispin Freeman was pretty funny. Always cool to see VA's having fun with their roles.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Glad Fate/ Zero is getting the dub treatment. I hope more shows adapted from TypeMoon VNs get a dub (like the garden of sinners). I've been following Fate/ Zero for years now, and I think Ill finally be able to buy the show (assuming Aniplex will price the NA release for under 700$)
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to watching this on Neon Alley.... and later importing the Australian bilingual boxset just so I can tell AoA to stuff it. Wink
Key

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Sadly, I don't have either an Xbox or a PlayStation, so I won't be able to watch this. Really like the casting decisions I'm hearing so far, though!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Sadly, I don't have either an Xbox or a PlayStation, so I won't be able to watch this. Really like the casting decisions I'm hearing so far, though!

Im sure the dub episodes will be updated within a few hours of the broadcasting. As for the casting decisions, they're not bad. It is impossible to replicate the Japanese cast, so I view the dub Fate/ Zero as almost a whole different interpretation of the show that is presented to the NA audiences by these VAs. They got some big names in the cast, so obviously they hired good VAs, but I am interested to see how these VAs interpret their roles.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Similar feelings on the dub with the exception that I haven't seen Fate/Zero. I like what I hear but the chances of me watching the dubbed show on my terms are slim to, no, none to nada.
Sylontack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:43 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
I hope more shows adapted from TypeMoon VNs get a dub (like the garden of sinners).

Kara no Kyoukai is not a Visual Novel.
It's a Light Novel series.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:17 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Key wrote:

Im sure the dub episodes will be updated within a few hours of the broadcasting. As for the casting decisions, they're not bad. It is impossible to replicate the Japanese cast, so I view the dub Fate/ Zero as almost a whole different interpretation of the show that is presented to the NA audiences by these VAs. They got some big names in the cast, so obviously they hired good VAs, but I am interested to see how these VAs interpret their roles.
Very unlikey if it was Viz then it be on itunes xboxvid and psn a day or 2 after it airs but aniplex loves to hold off hell they just started adding the Eng dub of blue exorcist to psn way after it had it's first run:P
HybridMedia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:33 am Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:
Key wrote:

Very unlikey if it was Viz then it be on itunes xboxvid and psn a day or 2 after it airs but aniplex loves to hold off hell they just started adding the Eng dub of blue exorcist to psn way after it had it's first run:P

Actually, that is true. Blue Exorcist and even Madoka Magica showed up on PSN Video store avaliable to download and/or watch, both subbed and dubbed. Unfortunately, those are the only two Aniplex shows that was avaliable on there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1