• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nicktoons Adds the Rest of Yu-Gi-Oh!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:45 am Reply with quote
Hmm, this opens up the opportunity for Nicktoons to air the remainder of GX (and 5D's? not sure if they finished airing it or not) that 4Kids never finished airing. Assuming they were even dubbed, of course (not sure on that one, either).

Granted, this could take years, depending on when they start airing, how many episodes they play a week, etc.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
Title should read "...Rest of [4Kids'] Yu-Gi-Oh!" because there is no way in hell that they got the very first Yugioh TV series.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:07 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
Hmm, this opens up the opportunity for Nicktoons to air the remainder of GX (and 5D's? not sure if they finished airing it or not) that 4Kids never finished airing.

Companies generally don't dub episodes they skip/edit out.

Megiddo wrote:
Title should read "...Rest of [4Kids'] Yu-Gi-Oh!" because there is no way in hell that they got the very first Yugioh TV series.

Toei's series has nothing to do with the current continuity, so it's pretty much a given.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:19 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I wouldn't count on the GX and 5Ds dubs being "finished", since Konami and the property as a whole has moved on to Zexal. If they were already dubbed (which I highly doubt they were), then maybe, otherwise, it's a wasted effort.

Though you never know. The late Maddie Blaustein confirmed right HERE (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?116935-Ask-Maddie-Blaustein-Q-amp-A-with-Meowth&p=3281064&highlight=Porygon#post3281064 scroll down one post to "maddiejoan"'s) that the infamous Porygon/Seizure episode of Pokemon was dubbed, but never shown on TV. I would imagine the lights would've been edited just like similar shots in the first 30 or so episodes.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:29 am Reply with quote
It's being extremely hopeful that Gx would ever get finished here, as much as I'd like to see that happen (ONLY with a different cast).
R. Glover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:58 am Reply with quote
And one person thinks 4K Media is actually 4Kids Media, but 4K Media and 4Kids (now 4Licensing Corporation) are 2 different companies.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:06 am Reply with quote
well give only if either GX & 5d dub are full complete give in dub history of yu-gi-oh series only the main series is full complete.

cause GX yet shown dub on last season & same for 5d so either can get same cast to back?

pull re-cast aka like nick dub of winx club?
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:14 am Reply with quote
Nice as it would be to see the dubs completed, I think you guys are reading too much into this. Nick probably got broadcast rights for what already exists. It's not like the respective channels that they aired on cut the show short, they were cut short because GX and 5Ds didn't tie into the next season's cards, so no reason to advertise the old ones anymore.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:16 am Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
pull re-cast aka like nick dub of winx club?

Nick tore Winx Club away from 4Kids and it co-producing it now, that's why it got a new cast.

Konami was the one who got Yu-Gi-Oh from 4Kids, so the dub will remain 4Kids tier abomination.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote
so keep same dub on GX & 5d but yet wonder when shown will dub be full complete?

since both series dub are still INCOMPLETE dub so got if get 4kids come back finish it dub?

or expect nick dub on incomplete dub part?

like mention on winx club series s1 to s3 got 4kids dub til nick take over well re-dub s3 & dub s4 & s5 (with s6 on way).
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote
I hope they complete the Yu-Gi-Oh D5 story and put on at decent time like seven pm. Razz
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote
The second season of Zexal? Do they mean Zexal II or just the second half of the first series?
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:37 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
so keep same dub on GX & 5d but yet wonder when shown will dub be full complete?

They edited out those scenes and episodes for a reason. They have no intention of airing a full dub of the entire series as long as KUSA holds the license. Nick is just airing it, they don't own it like they do Winx Club.

TsukasaElkKite wrote:
The second season of Zexal? Do they mean Zexal II or just the second half of the first series?

American seasons. They call every 26 episodes a new season in America for anime for some reason.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
American seasons. They call every 26 episodes a new season in America for anime for some reason.

26 episodes to a season is standard fare to basically all American television. Also, notably why Sailor Moon dub originally cut off in the middle of R.

Though not always true, as Pokemon seasons for American dubs tend to round to about 52 (The original series season lasting 82)
roseversailles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Man, I thought 4kids had died out! Their rights to One Piece and Pokemon expired, so I figured that was it for them~ Still, kinda surprised they're bothering with adding the later series (primarily Zexal) considering that it was the "first" series that had the fanbase and was, you know, decent (I can't in good faith describle Americanized Yu-Gi-Oh as good ). I wonder if 4kids has their eye on any other franchises... I still remember the ever-so-wonderful Casey and Friends.

4kids? Make that happen. NOW. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2