• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
So how does beyblading work in the anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aragon3145

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote
It's been bothering me for a while but I feel like they don't really explain how beyblading works in the series. Now, to be honest, Im only around episode 30 of the first series but still, you would think they would have explained it by now. Is the beyblade like a pokemon, which you give commands to and it follows them, or is a beyblade like a manifestation of your spirit or mind or something?
Thanks.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I was never a fan of the first series, but in the Metal Fight lore Beyblades originated from people utilizing energy from an alien meteorite that fell to Earth and possess alien and celestial spirits. Most of them are based on the constellations like Cygnus, Perseus, Ares and so forth and have their spirits in them. So yes, they're alive and take commands and bond with their owners, and some only work if the spirit accepts a person as it's owner.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote
I'm gonna go with...magnets! Beyblades are controlled by magnets.

Honestly, if you think to ask you're probably too old to be watching Beyblade.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1