• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Licenses Rio - Rainbow Gate! Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeCornerStore
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:44 am Reply with quote
With MB, all plans are soft until 30 minutes prior. Just my 2 cents.

Bob (aka Robert)
President
The Anime Corner Store

Follow RACS on Twitter or Facebook
or on the RACS Official Blog
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
I have a bad feeling about this...
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
I forgot this show even existed.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote
Wonder how many years they'll sit on the license before announcing they gave it up. Or how many times the set will be delayed before it's ultimately cancelled.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:55 am Reply with quote
I like Media Blasters, I like them alot. I like the titles they have released in the past. I don't want to rag on them, but until the title, any title, under consideration is actually in stock at a retailer for purchase, I remain dubious.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:56 am Reply with quote
Why do the dead keep trying to live? Rolling Eyes MB is like a ball of dust that's just sticking around but not doing much or rather like 4kids they grab something then rune it by holding it for 3 years but never doing anything with it.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:59 am Reply with quote
It really annoys me that they continue to license stuff despite not being able to release tons of things fans really did want. They should honestly focus on what they have and then once all that is out think about getting new stuff cause a good chunk of what they license now will likely never see release.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:02 am Reply with quote
Okay, let's just say for the sake of argument they actually get more than 5 copies of this to the street - I may buy it. I watched this on CR and it was cheesy good fun.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote
As long as it's offered in a complete set and it has no sequels to be later be dropped, there's less risk in preordering and fearing the future. I'd remain cautious about anything that has multiple seasons, though.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:07 am Reply with quote
...Why? I think that if Media Blasters is trying to hang on for dear life, licensing this show nobody watched even when it came out is a very, VERY bad move. I just wish I could understand their thought process. They should have brought out Zetsubou Sensei instead, which has quite the fan base.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:11 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
...Why? I think that if Media Blasters is trying to hang on for dear life, licensing this show nobody watched even when it came out is a very, VERY bad move. I just wish I could understand their thought process. They should have brought out Zetsubou Sensei instead, which has quite the fan base.

Its probably a matter of cost. Zetsubou Sensei is actually a known property so it would cost money to license. Rio is an old forgotten title that never even sold in Japan, so it was likely next to nothing to license.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:13 am Reply with quote
Sweet I really like this one I just hope they would just release this on time maybe with dubs
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:16 am Reply with quote
AnimeCornerStore wrote:
With MB, all plans are soft until 30 minutes prior. Just my 2 cents.

Bob (aka Robert)
President
The Anime Corner Store

Follow RACS on Twitter or Facebook
or on the RACS Official Blog

Agree. I'm still waiting for my pre-ordered Ai no Kusabi DVDs, which MB said they'd release in December 2012 and didn't and then said they'd release in April 2013 and didn't.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:46 am Reply with quote
I let out an audible gasp of excitement when I saw this news on the frontpage. I thought this series was pretty much the definition of dumb fun. Glad to see someone giving it a shot... although it's MB so who knows.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:

I can only assume that by their logic, they didn't think it would be profitable to dub Zetsubou Sensei, and that it wouldn't sell enough sub-only to be worthwhile.
That is the only conclusion I can come to since Zetsubou Sensei has a sort of cult following and fans have been chasing them up on that series ever since they licensed it.
You also would have thought with the success of the Bakemonogatari series, they could ride that success train since this is from the same studio and director.

Ah well, hopefully when their license expires, Sentai may license Zetsubou Sensei and release it on sub-only DVD set.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5