• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nisekoi Anime to Air on TV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Viz would be interested in picking this up. I know they usually don't do romantic comedies, but they have been advertising the manga pretty heavily on Neon Alley. Plus I hear the digital download's been doing rather well for them, so maybe they'll give the anime a shot.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:09 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
I wonder if Viz would be interested in picking this up. I know they usually don't do romantic comedies, but they have been advertising the manga pretty heavily on Neon Alley. Plus I hear the digital download's been doing rather well for them, so maybe they'll give the anime a shot.

I feel like they would probably want to do a physical release of the manga first to see if picking up the anime would be a wise decision.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:26 am Reply with quote
BEFORE Viz has any chance to pick up Anime Nisekoi, they SHOULD pick up the physical version of the Nisekoi manga. :/

I would prefer the physical manga version over digital media (have great dislike for it).
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:05 am Reply with quote
The digital manga certainly seems to be doing well. IIRC, a recent newsletter listed Volume 3 as their highest selling new release for the month, which is pretty neat.

I'm curious as to how long the TV series would be. If they go for just ending it at a cut-off point rather than an original ending, I think 24-26 episodes would fit better.
rheiders

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:46 am Reply with quote
Heard good things about this one and I like a good rom-com, so I'll give the anime a shot. Smile
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:05 am Reply with quote
Last I heard, Viz said they were pretty happy with how Nisekoi was doing and they were working on getting physical rights for it so getting the anime might not be too much of a stretch provided the anime's not published by Aniplex and therefore unattainable to anyone but AoA.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote
Been meaning to start reading the manga of this. I guess now is the time to start!
sayan12

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Predictions on when this will start airing?

I guess April 2014
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:16 pm Reply with quote
sayan12 wrote:
Predictions on when this will start airing?

I guess April 2014

JUMP anime announcements tend to be fairly close to when the show is actually supposed to air so I'd expect it no later than fall.
Ginsan

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Super important announcement? Haikyuu anime? Remembered the news months ago about a volleyball manga getting animated
HybridMedia

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:08 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Yeah, I did notice that advertise the hell out of that manga on Neon Alley and I always thought of that if it was an anime and here we are today.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1