• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Zone Band to Play Charity Concert at AnoHana Locale

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anemayfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I have ZONE's tribute album on pre-order. I really missed them when they broke up, but SCANDAL has since filled the void Cool
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:40 am Reply with quote
I'm getting a little tired of the whole Scandal = new ZONE. I wish some other girl bands (yes, bands) would cover ZONE's songs. Here's hoping SCANDAL never touches H.A.N.A.B.I ~Kimi ga ita natsu~
anemayfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:44 am Reply with quote
ss-hikaru wrote:
I'm getting a little tired of the whole Scandal = new ZONE. I wish some other girl bands (yes, bands) would cover ZONE's songs. Here's hoping SCANDAL never touches H.A.N.A.B.I ~Kimi ga ita natsu~
Given ZONE's popularity, it's only natural that any future 4-member JPop/JRock girl groups would draw a comparison to them, especially when that group covers a popular ZONE song. If SCANDAL had 5 members they might have been compared to WhiteBerry instead. To me ZONE is ZONE and SCANDAL is SCANDAL, but the comparisons will continue until SCANDAL distinguishes themselves more.

I doubt SCANDAL has plans to cover more ZONE songs unless they want to be known as a ZONE cover band. Personally I liked SCANDAL's cover of "Secret Base ~Kimi ga Kureta Mono~" even though I still like ZONE's version better. I'm looking forward to STEREOPONY's cover version of "Akashi" since that song seems to fit their JRock style and also looking forward to Nakagawa Shoko's cover of "Shiroi Hana". Other than ClariS, I'm not too familiar with the other performers on the tribute album, but looking forward to hearing their cover versions all the same.

SCANDAL and STEREOPONY are the only bands doing covers on the ZONE tribute album. Other than those two, what other all girl bands are currently out there that would cover a ZONE song?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1