• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Del Rey Licenses

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holl.e.rama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Ooh, I'd be extremely happy if Pichi Pichi Pitch was licensed. I do hate the Del Rey/Kodansha deal though~ Del Rey is too new to be able to release a good amount of the manga that Kodansha has.
odango

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'd be so cool if it were Pitchi pitchi pitch. Since we can't have the anime (not anytime soon anyway) maybe we can have the manga.

And another title by the creator of Mars is not bad either.

Delrey might not have the most titles but they certainly make up with quality and a regular release schedule.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Fuyumi Soryo...that's exciting, I love Mars. I hope we get the actual titles soon.
Sampatches

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:25 am Reply with quote
Oooh, I really hope that the Fuyumi Soryo manga will be Eternal Sabbath~ Very Happy
Ryllharu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:58 am Reply with quote
I'm happy with all my purchases by Del Rey. For a new company to the manga translation market, they are certainly doing all the right things from the start. Leaving in Japanese sfx's with appropriate notes nearby (the fan preference) and they have a thorough set of notes in the back of each volume explaining all the cultural notes, instead of some of the older companies who still replace cultural refences with Localized ones. Barring one rather large but mostly understanable translation error (Southern <> Thousand, due to the katakana being identical) Del Rey has proven to me to be the best of the translation companies around.

If anyone should pick up a big portion of the Kondansha series, I'd love for it to be Del Rey. I'm looking forward to seeing what these series will be.
championferret

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:36 am Reply with quote
Pichi Pichi Pitch, as in Mermaid Melody? I thought that was by 'Pink/u Hamamori', or at least that's what it says in my nakayoshi.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1