• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Time and Eternity Game's Launch Trailer Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Despite all the bad reviews on this game, I still want to play the game. There have been plenty of games/movies/anime that get bad reviews but I still love.

...but I can't afford it yet. I already have so many games pre-ordered.... >.> ...and I'm replaying Tales of Graces F before I get Tales of Xillia next month...
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:00 pm Reply with quote
My Special Edition should arrive any day. The bad reviews don't phase me at all, especially when the majority of them are complaining about non issues like fanservice, anime art and dating sim stuff. That sounds right up my alley... from the reviews I've read from actual moe/fanservice fans, its pretty well liked so those are the kinds of reviews I feel are more credible. It just sounds like its Hyperdimension Neptunia all over again, and that was one of my favorite games of the year it came out.

Plus, its got KanaHana and Eri Kitamura voicing the two main girls. Theres no way I'd pass on that.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
the last time I saw anything of this it had animations that would make Worker and Parasite look like shakespeare(?) has that improved any?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
That looks the same as a previous trailer.

Anyways, gameplay seems the Achilles heel. At least they tried something different.
brucepuppy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote
When it comes to bad games,I go with mainstreams most of the times,except for a few titles which sadly never come from NISA. Looks like this time I have to go with them too.
Help_me_Im_a_n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:07 am Reply with quote
I'm about 75% completion of the game (playing the EU R2 version, also published by NISA).

Never believed the reviews too much, one or two said it was worse than Last Rebellion.

Wrong. It's way better than Last Rebellion and according to my own preferences I'm enjoying it way better than even the Neptunia games. For one thing, aside from the comedy scenes, the music is way better.

The only thing wrong about this game is the "fit and finish" (animation quality, jerkiness, control responsiveness). If you get past that, it's a very lovely interactive anime, with cliche themes of course.

Palette-swapped monsters and general low-budgeted-ness? Sure, but so were Gust games for a while. The battle system grew on me and now that I have the full range of skills and abilities I find it more engaging than FFXIII's battle system. Yep, you heard right. It's just a joy to encounter a new palette-swapped version of a new enemy, see it totally trash you and you figure out a defense sequence to counter its moves.

I also like the romantic segments which give you choices that result in ecchi CGs.

Gust is still my favorite in terms of ecchi games, but Time and Eternity, to me at least, is a solid effort that places itself above the Compile Heart games (and I practically buy every anime game out there). Recommended.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1