• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Baki to End

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:17 pm Reply with quote
i didn't even know it was still going.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:39 pm Reply with quote
It's about freaking time, especially after the copout ending of Grappler Baki II.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad it's ending this way, because fighting the second-strongest person alive just doesn't seem like a good way to go. Razz
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I think the final battle should be between the two weakest people alive. I'm picturing two 100-year-old grandmas who aren't fully aware of what's going on ramming their wheelchairs into each other until one tips over. That way no one can accuse the ending of being unoriginal.
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:24 pm Reply with quote
How long is this manga? o_O
coolGAL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:38 am Reply with quote
52 Voluems i am toatlly shocked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Raoh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:37 am Reply with quote
Its about freakin' time he took on his old man.

I mean, the guy ONLY killed his mother.

Jeez.

Unfortunatly, I most likely would read all of those volumes to see what happens. I have only read certain parts.
Bahamut God

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:31 am Reply with quote
This whole thread is kind of a spolier...

I don't plan on reading the manga anytime soon though. Rolling Eyes
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:49 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Itagaki will still continue with Garouden. I've read little of the manga and seemed really cool. I wonder if Hajime no Ippo (with volume 74 coming out next month), is going to go for another 15 years.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ichido reichan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Okay guys, I dont post in this forum but this news kinda shocked me but I will go anyway since there is a lot of "ignorance" regardling the best martials arts manga in history.

Grappler baki is actually two series and a couple of specials, the anime just cover the first series (1-42, the kid saga, the champion saga, and the maximum tournament) the anime is very well accurate on the first series of manga and it reasonably end in the same way the manga goes.

The second series of baki is called "Baki: in search of our strongest hero" so far has been through 28 volumes and 29 will be released in around 2 months more and none of it has been animated, the story just doesnt concentrate in one storyline, it has many, many little stories in between among the strongest guys in the world.

if you want a review of what's happening keep reading, if not just stop reading right here because there is a big arc coming out...

-"Synchronicity saga" the five most dangerous men scaped from their own death rows to go find the man in the world that will show them "defeat" they gather at korakuen expecting to destroy it to see if the fighters come around to defend it, is up to baki and some known fighters to stand up to the challenge.

-"Chinese face off" saga: every 100 years there is a chinese challenge to the world, the best 10 fighters of the traditional 4000 years kempo's history face of against 10 selected warriors around the world, but this time, there is a surprise, Hanma Yuujiro and Hanma baki are participating along with other remarkable warriors, including Muhhamad Ali JR, son of the respected muhhamad Ali, it's known that he never has lost a fight against anybody, and he is getting very "cozy" around baki's girlfriend.

But Baki has an unknown disease that took all his energy from the tournament, can he stad against the strongest challenge?
This saga is a turning point on the series that will remark the end of his journey.

"Final saga" : so far everybody wants to kick Ali's Jr A$$ without sucess".....the story so far
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1