• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Fairy Tail, Live-Action Treasure Hunter

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:41 pm Reply with quote
As a huge fan of Fairy Tail I am glad that it got picked up, and should have a dub for it. Hopefully this will also mean that Funimation will began uploading the episodes for streaming (since Crunchyroll can't keep the entire series up). With this I hope it manages to surpass One Piece in popularity in America.

Last edited by Charred Knight on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh no children, here comes the B-tier (in quality) shonen!
Zags

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail picked up by Funimation, eh. I thought for sure that show was 4kids bait. Oh well at least it'll have a decent dub now.
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Mod note: Keep it civil.

Seriously the show has the potential to be the next big thing with kids here(I like Naruto but it;s been the big thing for over half a decade and the praise is getting a tad old)so I pray Funi goes that route rather than soley marketing it towards us anime fans.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quote
to quote mr bison YES YES!!!!!!!
also i heard they annonuced natsus voice actor as well anyone know who it was? *crosses fingers for aaroun dismuke*
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
nerp
You do know that Funi has very little control over what the TV people will or won't have on their networks, right? Unless they want to pay a lot of money, it is extremely unlikely they'll get it on TV, simply because few TV networks will run anime to begin with.

Rather than getting pissed at Gen, why not start petitioning the network people who actually have the power in this kind of deal?
Ryasha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

Eh. Still better than Hitman Reborn so I'm fine with its B-tier status.

Last edited by Ryasha on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zags

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
also i heard they annonuced natsus voice actor as well anyone know who it was? *crosses fingers for aaroun dismuke*

No. No thank you. Aaron is not Natsu.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Zags wrote:
opn wrote:

never mind apparently its tobb haberkorn. i like the guy but....AHHHHHHHHHHHH *bangs head against the wall*
Primus

Richard J. wrote:
You do know that Funi has very little control over what the TV people will or won't have on their networks, right? Unless they want to pay a lot of money, it is extremely unlikely they'll get it on TV, simply because few TV networks will run anime to begin with.

Rather than getting pissed at Gen, why not start petitioning the network people who actually have the power in this kind of deal?

I wouldn't say it's that unrealistic to hope they would get Fairy Tail on TV. The show would be a decent replacement for Dragon Ball Kai when that ends on Nicktoons.

Divineking wrote:
Seriously the show has the potential to be the next big thing with kids here(I like Naruto but it;s been the big thing for over half a decade and the praise is getting a tad old)so I pray Funi goes that route rather than soley marketing it towards us anime fans.

Naruto's anime is nearly done in the US anyways. Disney XD tossed the series to Saturdays at 11PM. That reeks of someone who ordered a tonne of episodes trying to recoup some money rather than just dropping the series entirely.

Last edited by Primus on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
rhynoo

Divineking wrote:

My money is it will end up on toonzai.
Zags

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:55 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Zags wrote:
opn wrote:

never mind apparently its tobb haberkorn. i like the guy but....AHHHHHHHHHHHH *bangs head against the wall*

Todd Haberkorn, while normally the roles he does take some getting used to for me, I can legitimately see him as Natsu. His voice sounds rather similar to the way Tetsuya Kakihara does Natsu.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Ryasha wrote:
Primus wrote:

Eh. Still better than Hitman Reborn so I'm fine with its B-tier status.

Better, you mean by no story flow whatsoever, then sure. Very Happy

Fairy tail = Another DBZ copycat, moving on.

I want a shounen to be licensed that actually has nice plot and not focused on mediocore fighting.

Last edited by Kazemon15 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:56 pm Reply with quote
rhynoo wrote:

My money is it will end up on toonzai.

i doubt it. fairy tail airs on tv tokyo and i highly doubt they will let toonzai air it. i hope the dub is good even if todd is in the most type casted role of all time. Evil or Very Mad
Quote:
Todd Haberkorn, while normally the roles he does take some getting used to for me, I can legitimately see him as Natsu. His voice sounds rather similar to the way Tetsuya Kakihara does Natsu.

well todd has been in EVERYTHING lately and i can not see him as natsu but considering how long they been dubbing it i guess they probably took their time so i hope he sounds good.

Last edited by opn on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I think the PR screwed up somewhere, as I highly doubt FUNimation will release all 48 episodes this year, even if dubbing has already begun.

Anyway, I have the first 7 volumes of the manga, it's an okay series. If I like the dub work, I may start picking up the boxsets.

Primus: is that right? Geez. Naruto's anime would probably still be a decent-sized hit on TV if CN hadn't acted like idiots.

Kazemon15: yes, never mind the fact that Fairy Tail has little in common with DBZ. Also, DBZ didn't focus on fighting over plot, REALLY? Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7