• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gohouden: Kyousou Ibun?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Hello! I'm currently working on a YouTube video about canceled anime projects, and I plan on including Gohouden: Kyousou Ibun in the video. However, my search for proof that it even exists has come up dry; all I've been able to find so far is this old article from here on ANN that briefly mentions it. Does anyone know of any way I can find a lead on what happened to it or if it even exists? What about the studio that was supposed to produce the series, Manseido? Did that even exist, and if it did, does anyone know of a way to contact someone who worked there so I can find out what happened? If no one knows, that's perfectly fine; I'll just briefly explain in the video that I couldn't find anything on it or just leave it out of the video altogether. Thank you!

(Also, I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this.)
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:41 pm Reply with quote
This is as good a place as any to ask. But I've never even heard of it, and there's literally nothing in the Encyclopedia entry about it, other than that studio name. Unless there are more informed minds out there, I don't know what you'll find. Good luck, though.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:37 pm Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:
Hello! I'm currently working on a YouTube video about canceled anime projects, and I plan on including Gohouden: Kyousou Ibun in the video. However, my search for proof that it even exists has come up dry; all I've been able to find so far is this old article from here on ANN that briefly mentions it. Does anyone know of any way I can find a lead on what happened to it or if it even exists? What about the studio that was supposed to produce the series, Manseido? Did that even exist, and if it did, does anyone know of a way to contact someone who worked there so I can find out what happened? If no one knows, that's perfectly fine; I'll just briefly explain in the video that I couldn't find anything on it or just leave it out of the video altogether. Thank you!

(Also, I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this.)

Since the Gohōden anime had a website, it seems that a plan to produce the Gohōden anime existed at least to the level where the staff had a website for it.
Since the website vanished, probably the plan to make the Gohōden anime fell through.

http://www.gohouden.com/
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
This is as good a place as any to ask. But I've never even heard of it, and there's literally nothing in the Encyclopedia entry about it, other than that studio name. Unless there are more informed minds out there, I don't know what you'll find. Good luck, though.

Okay. Thank you, anyway.

shosakukan wrote:
Since the Gohōden anime had a website, it seems that a plan to produce the Gohōden anime existed at least to the level where the staff had a website for it.
Since the website vanished, probably the plan to make the Gohōden anime fell through.

http://www.gohouden.com/

Well, even if the website is gone, this is as good as anything. Thank you! I'll make sure to leave you a shout-out in the final video, if that's alright.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:56 pm Reply with quote
The Moon Phase site says that the character designer for the Gohōden anime was Inoue Chiyo.
In the early 2000s, there was an illustrator whose name was 'Inoue Chiyo' and who contributed artworks to light-novel books published by Kōdansha.

MischievousMelody wrote:
Thank you!

It's a pleasure.

As to Manseidou, the credit line for a picture on the Gohōden anime website said, 'Manseidou.' So it seems that Manseidou as a production company/group existed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1