Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sabagebu! Shōjo Manga Gets Anime in 2014


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sophiixoxo



Joined: 29 Nov 2010
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:26 am Reply with quote
This reminds me of C3-bu Very Happy Can't wait! I'm all obsessed with Sabage now Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11529
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:39 am Reply with quote
Sounds like a fun concept I guess...I'll look forward to it next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac



Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Posts: 3352
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:44 am Reply with quote
Wow, it's like K-on! meets Noir or it's exactly C-3. Well, it all depends on execution but that image doesn't fill me with feelings of "originality".

So in the end, it's going to be "bang, bang, shoot!" no matter what.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phoenixalia



Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Posts: 1408
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:18 am Reply with quote
Really, Nakayoshi? Mad An anime adaptation of Watashi ni xx Shinasai or Kamikami Kaeshi would have been better.
Still, this anime will probably be an OVA or maybe a short anime...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mewpudding101
Industry Insider


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2052
Location: Tokyo, Japan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:28 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Really, Nakayoshi? Mad An anime adaptation of Watashi ni xx Shinasai or Kamikami Kaeshi would have been better.
Still, this anime will probably be an OVA or maybe a short anime...


Just been updated. It's a TV anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darkchibi07



Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Posts: 5051
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:48 am Reply with quote
Man, if I didn't know better, I thought this title and its premise came from a seinen magazine. Who would have thunk that this is actually from a shoujo magazine?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia



Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Posts: 1408
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:58 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Man, if I didn't know better, I thought this title and its premise came from a seinen magazine. Who would have thunk that this is actually from a shoujo magazine?


Nakayoshi has been serializing some seinen cute girl type manga lately.

And wow, TV anime?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jet_



Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 398
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:03 am Reply with quote
This sure caught me by surprise.
Started reading the manga a few months ago, and it's really entertaining.

With Ohta Masahiko directing it and Aoshima Takashi doing the scripts, Dogakobo is most likely going to be the studio animating it.

And why are you all so surprised about it being a TV anime? The manga is currently 4 volumes long and ongoing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mewpudding101
Industry Insider


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2052
Location: Tokyo, Japan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:05 am Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
This sure caught me by surprise.
Started reading the manga a few months ago, and it's really entertaining.

With Ohta Masahiko directing it and Aoshima Takashi doing the scripts, Dogakobo is most likely going to be the studio animating it.

And why are you all so surprised about it being a TV anime? The manga is currently 4 volumes long and ongoing.


I think people are surprised because it's a shojo manga... Though I doubt the aim for the audience will be little girls like the magazine's audience...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kawaiibunny3



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 503
Location: Houston, Texas
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:19 am Reply with quote
I actually bought the September issue of Nakayoshi recently (because of a new magical girl manga running in it, but thats another story)

Looking at Sabagebu now, in this chapter atleast, there's no guns here. When I flipped through it the other day I thought it was just a "girls club about nothing" type comedy manga Anime hyper

edit- ah, found a couple panels of guns in the 4-koma at the end
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
phoenixalia



Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Posts: 1408
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:43 am Reply with quote
kawaiibunny3 wrote:
I actually bought the September issue of Nakayoshi recently (because of a new magical girl manga running in it, but thats another story)

Looking at Sabagebu now, in this chapter atleast, there's no guns here. When I flipped through it the other day I thought it was just a "girls club about nothing" type comedy manga Anime hyper

edit- ah, found a couple panels of guns in the 4-koma at the end


How is that manga? I really loved the art.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cryssoberyl



Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 226
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:49 am Reply with quote
A shoujo take on survival games? I'm very interested.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kawaiibunny3



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 503
Location: Houston, Texas
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
kawaiibunny3 wrote:
I actually bought the September issue of Nakayoshi recently (because of a new magical girl manga running in it, but thats another story)

Looking at Sabagebu now, in this chapter atleast, there's no guns here. When I flipped through it the other day I thought it was just a "girls club about nothing" type comedy manga Anime hyper

edit- ah, found a couple panels of guns in the 4-koma at the end


How is that manga? I really loved the art.


It's really more silly than anything. It pretty much reads just like a typical seinen comedy.
Here's a couple pages I scanned to get an idea of the tone? I guess?
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/kawaiibunny3/IMG_0001_zpsdcbb4af4.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/kawaiibunny3/IMG_0002_zps3e8c3c2f.jpg

(if you're asking about the magical girl manga, it's pretty cute! glad I picked it up. I wish it could be translated soon.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
MikuRockShooterMk2



Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Posts: 25
Location: New York City
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Is this survival game genre a thing now? I dont mind Stella Womens Academy C3 anime,its not terrible,but it hasn't hooked me just yet. And the summary made it seem like this new Show is kinda the same. I hope it turns out to be unique though Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Megiddo



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 7938
Location: IL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
If this is a Dogakobo SoL then it is a definite must watch for me. I've never been let down by them. Heck, Having Oota as director pretty much already makes it a must watch. I dropped C3-bu so I have no qualms getting another attempt at a 'survival game' club.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group