• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: California's AM2 to Run Tokyopop Liquidation Sale

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I'd go to AM2 for that sale. Although, not sure what would be left for me after that previous garage sale that I couldn't attend. But...since I don't plan on moving my car for all the five days of AX, I probably won't be able to go...
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Just as I found out that Tokyopop was the publisher of the Priest Comic series it is leaving I found out about this on Attack Of The Show what a bummer Mad
gilnokoibito

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:32 pm Reply with quote
And once again those who don't live or have the ability to get all the way to California are left out of the Tokyopop goodness once again...This is so depressing... Sad
Vekou

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone go to AM2 last year? What's it like? Is it worth checking out?

I wonder why they are competing directly with AX by having it at the same time...
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:22 am Reply with quote
gilnokoibito wrote:
And once again those who don't live or have the ability to get all the way to California are left out of the Tokyopop goodness once again...This is so depressing... Sad

Everyone thank Stu Levy for the cocktease now.
Kouta6769

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:14 am Reply with quote
Is this going to be the only way to get mangas and novels that were release in May like .hack//G.U. vol.4?
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping that TokyoPop is paying AM2 for sub-leasing their rented space for the con. That way, the flames from DJ Milky's funeral pyre will fuel what remains of the anime industry. By helping to keep a free con free, DJ Milky was more useful to us in death than in life Wink

Though why didn't they just have one sale, and have that sale be at the con? As was mentioned above, isn't all the good stuff gone already? One big sale could have been a larger draw for AM2, and there isn't a convention that does not need all the financial help it can get. If they had to have a preemptive sale, which it seems they did, why couldn't they have used some online retailer?

DJ Milky prided himself on taking his company to the Internet before the others (though his interest and ambition quickly waned, in perfect DJ Milky fashion), yet his "last act" was conducted as though the Internet were not ubiquitous. C'mon, even Funimation discovered eBay for their charity auction Rolling Eyes

Why does California get everything? "Where is teh luv??!"--Sincerely, the other 49 states. Wink
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Why does California get everything? "Where is teh luv??!"--Sincerely, the other 49 states. Wink

You should've said "Sincerely, the rest of the United States.*"

*Excluding Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
Kouta6769

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:20 am Reply with quote
Kouta6769 wrote:
Is this going to be the only way to get mangas and novels that were release in May like .hack//G.U. vol.4?

Could someone please tell me?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1