• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Misleading Skin

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't sure if this should go here or not, but it's not a technical problem.

Anyway, my problem is with the Anime Classics skin. It advertises 4 series (and 6 more on FUNi's advertised site*) that are "stand out series", and "anime favorites all for under $50". Okay, the Chobits, Excel Saga, and Samurai Champloo (and the other 6 on the website) sets are under $50... for the entire series. And then they show Yu Yu Hakusho, which is only a quarter of the series.

I know it's nothing you guys can do, other than pass along a complaint to FUNimation, but I feel that it's very misleading for them to be advertising a single-season set along with complete sets, without even having a little asterisk or note stating that it's only a single season, and it's rude for them to be sponsoring this skin that is misleading.

*I'm only counting the ones that are listed in the top set, as the "Also check out..." section implies that the second set of titles are not in the Anime Classics line
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:11 pm Reply with quote
That's probably an accident, and not an intentional attempt to mislead you (also, they don't outright say the complete series are all under $50, but it's very reasonable for you to get that expectation from the ad).

I'll show this to Funimation, I'm sure they'll be a tiny bit more careful in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1