• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Saint Seiya Senki PS3 Game's Teaser Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Looks pretty, that's all I can say. Laughing Smile
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:07 am Reply with quote
If this game covers all the arcs then I will most likely want to get this game to FIGHT HADES!!! and since Saint Seiya is a pure battle manga I don't have a problem with it being something similar to Koei's Fist of the North Star game.
E-Master

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:11 am Reply with quote
I'd totally buy it if it's as good as it looks. It be really cool if you can play as all of the Saints from the anime. But that would be asking for too much.
gold12

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:22 pm Reply with quote
This is very interesting. Saint Seiya for PS3 ! Wink
kensh1ro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The story is set in the Hades — Chapter Sanctuary arc of Masami Kurumada's Saint Seiya mythological fantasy manga and anime

I didn't see any Hades chapter enemies. Sanctuary, yes. Hades, no.
Still, it looks awesome and makes me wish I had a PS3 ...and lived in Japan.
I doubt that this is going to be licensed (or whatever the video game equivalent is) in America, but that's exactly what we said about Hokuto Muso. I guess the reason that HM was brought here is related to the original anime being available for legal streaming. For the third time: When is that going to happen to Saint Seiya!? Evil or Very Mad
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
This game was announced for European release in 2012 under the name "Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle". As the PS3 is region-free, this release can be played on any PS3 in the world. So even if a North American release doesn't occur, you can get the European English release.
E-Master

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:07 am Reply with quote
Which is cool, when it comes to playing games on a console regardless of which country it was made from.
kensh1ro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
This game was announced for European release in 2012 under the name "Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle". As the PS3 is region-free, this release can be played on any PS3 in the world. So even if a North American release doesn't occur, you can get the European English release.

... Oh, yeah. I forgot. But, still, I don't have a PS3. *Thinking crazy* Maybe if they port it to the Wii U... *slapped by someone who knows more about VG technology*
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm Reply with quote
kensh1ro wrote:
Maybe if they port it to the Wii U... *slapped by someone who knows more about VG technology*

Why would you get slapped for saying that? If it's being made for the PS3, Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle would easily have no problems being a complete port on the Wii U. The Wii U is, right now, reportedly 50% stronger than the PS3 and Xbox 360, and that still might be a low-ball estimate.

Personally, I am hoping for a 360 port and a North American release, but that's obviously a best-case scenario for me, as I live in the USA and don't own a PS3.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Why would you want this game on Wii U anyways? It comes out next year, will cost more than a PS3 does at that time, and will have no games.

As well, Wii U probably is just smoke and mirrors at the moment. They haven't said anything about its hardware, and developers (including Miyamoto) have said it's anywhere from being weaker than PS3/360, about the same, or stronger. The tech demos they showcased also didn't exactly look better than what we have. Nor did they instill confidence that their games were running better by using footage of games running on PS3 and 360 hardware.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1