• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: IGPX English Recording Report

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:05 am Reply with quote
*tear rolls down cheek*

Thanks for posting this, but for some reason it makes me feel sad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Who the hell started a jail sentence?

I mean... wow.

That came out of left-field (or something).
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:22 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:

Michelle Rodriguez, she got caught with pot, and I think she did something else, I don't remember. Maybe caught twice or something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Oh, okay... yeah, totally didn't hear about that (which is strange since my mom watches a lot of that celebrity TV stuff).
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
DKL wrote:

Michelle Rodriguez, she got caught with pot, and I think she did something else, I don't remember. Maybe caught twice or something.

No, she got a DUI in Hawaii while she was filming LOST (along with another cast memeber). However, Rodriguez was on parole in California for a earlier DUI so now she's got to go back and do jail time for that as well Confused.

On top of this, Haley Joel Osment (who is the cast memeber who is suppose to be going to college) crashed his car into a tree while driving drunk last month (ended up in the hospital with broken bones) and they found pot in his car. So he may also end up doing jail time, though at his age I hope they find a better punishment than just tossing him in jail Sad .

PS: Rodriguez may have been caught doing pot as well, at some point (she has a long history of getting into trouble with the law). However, her recent problems have been alcohol and not drug related.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:08 pm Reply with quote
MeggieMay:

Oh ok, I could have sworn I heard her get caught with it though, maybe it was another cast member from Lost I was thinking about(there is a bunch of them). But either way I think they were reffereing to her not Haley. They generally don't send you to prison for a first time DUI where no one was hurt except yourself.
Busaiku Chama

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Too bad the show got below expected (I assume) ratings in both Japan and America.
It was a really nice premise and the execution was pretty good.
Really liked the show myself.
goins007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I'm sad that we won't be getting a season 3 of IGPX. It was such a great show. Good story, great visuals, and excellent voice acting.
Someone_II

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:58 am Reply with quote
I think it didn't do well because, at first glance, it looks VERY generic (it's not, but it looks that way). Also, it just doesn't have a mass appeal, especially givin the block. I mean how many 9-14 year olds do you know who watch this? And for that matter, how many people in this thread fit into Toonami's core demographic? You'd think the children would be ammused by the robot racing, but sometime races are few and far between (I think I recall a 2 or 3 episode brake between races once) and most other audiences are put off by the robot racing/fighting, not leaving much viewership.

Sidenote: Please excuse all spelling, grammer, informational, etc mistakes. I wrote this at 2:00 AM
Riyousha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I sure do miss IGPX on Toonami, too. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Yes, IGPX does have quite good voice acting. I've only watched it like 3 times, but I enjoyed those episodes. It stinks that they won't be doing more. Sad
Someone_II

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:35 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
Yes, IGPX does have quite good voice acting. I've only watched it like 3 times, but I enjoyed those episodes. It stinks that they won't be doing more. Sad

Not to sound rude, but if everyone watched IGPX with as much dedication as you, it's no wonder they canceled it.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:49 am Reply with quote
Someone_II wrote:
Not to sound rude, but if everyone watched IGPX with as much dedication as you, it's no wonder they canceled it.

I was thinking the same thing, but I actually watched about 75% of the episodes. The only reason I would miss one would be because I was out with friends or I was exhausted. Which with the schedule it was on is understandable.
Someone_II

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I geuss I'm no better, but I think I have a good excuse. I live in Canada. I got a preview episode in a nindendo power magizine and have been collecting the DVDs since.

God! I hope YTV eventually licences this!
SirWence

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:04 am Reply with quote
goins007 wrote:
Yeah I'm sad that we won't be getting a season 3 of IGPX. It was such a great show. Good story, great visuals, and excellent voice acting.

Ya I feel the same way .. I was quite sad when it was relegated to fridays at midnight.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1