• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nozomu Tamaki Ends Dance in the Vampire Bund: Sledge Hammer Manga, Starts Part II

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tr1ckR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The preview hints that Akira and Mina will return, and the drama between the two will begin once again.

Sweet, cant wait to start reading about them two again!
(i actually thought for a while the The Memories of Sledge Hammer manga was the sequel (Part 2) to the first Embarassed )
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Well there anther manga seven seas is going to pick up
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote
really great manga franchise, especially for one about vampires. much better than the anime
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for SSE to pick 'em up. Smile
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Dam man, just do one God dam series. He has Dance, Dive, now Sledge Hammer, then part 2. I like the series, but stop going schizophrenic all over the place.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Words can't describe how excited I am for this. DITVB is one of my all-time, be-all end-all favorite manga series, and I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat each day until it comes back!
Nayu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:01 am Reply with quote
Wow, the mangaka is brilliant. You get licensing fees for each title. All those 20+ volume manga series? Fools!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:15 am Reply with quote
Excellent!
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Dam man, just do one God dam series. He has Dance, Dive, now Sledge Hammer, then part 2. I like the series, but stop going schizophrenic all over the place.

Agreed, though Nayu raises a good reason, it sure seems odd to have so much compartmentalization when sticking to the same magazine.

Anybody read through what we already have out so-far to confirm if the page in the back of the Dive books is right, and that part should really be listed as a side-story (betwen chapters 33 & 34 of volume 6) rather than spin-off?
adam_omega

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

Agreed, though Nayu raises a good reason, it sure seems odd to have so much compartmentalization when sticking to the same magazine.

Anybody read through what we already have out so-far to confirm if the page in the back of the Dive books is right, and that part should really be listed as a side-story (between chapters 33 & 34 of volume 6) rather than spin-off?

Dive in the Vampire Bund is a side-story that sets in motion several major events that happen in the main Dance in the Vampire Bund series (i.e. the Pied Piper, the lack of vaccine, etc). It also has the chronological first appearances of several characters, including spoiler[Fake Mina].

I came up with the reading order with the help of Adrienne (Bund's translator) and Janet (Bund's rewriter), and we put Dive between those particular chapters due to it being the only place with a gap in the narrative to allow for it... i.e. Hama is no longer a bad guy, but it's before Angie shows up (an event which kickstarts the arcs that runs through the rest of the Part I of Dance).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1