• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Police: Sandy Hook Shooter 'Played Dance Dance Revolution For Hours'

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote
Well i have no doubt in my mind now, this kid had a mental disability.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

-_- I feel like this information is completely unrelated to the murders. I used to play DDR at least 3 times a week for hours for exercise. I turned out fine. Lol
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:19 am Reply with quote
Oh man this is hilarious.

It's like they're trying to go for ANY way to spin this that's"violent video games done did it".
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:30 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:

-_- I feel like this information is completely unrelated to the murders. I used to play DDR at least 3 times a week for hours for exercise. I turned out fine. Lol

I'm talking about his record keeping score sheet had by wanting to commit mass-murder for points by killing of 500 people. Also having details of other school shootings and mass murders down the detail in spread-sheet format.

To me that is sign of mental disability, no sane person would keep records like those.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
DDR certainly drives me into a violent fury.

Except that Lupin III theme mix.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Hellwarden

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
Welp, clearly we need deep government regulations on Dance Dance Revolution.

So I'm sorry friends, but you can't dance if you want to.
phifedawg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:47 am Reply with quote

To me that is sign of mental disability, no sane person would keep records like those.

I think you're being a bit harsh on serial killer fandom. Anime fans shouldnt throw stones.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:53 am Reply with quote
phifedawg wrote:

I think you're being a bit harsh on serial killer fandom. Anime fans shouldnt throw stones.

What? There's a reason Natural Born Killers is a commentary.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gravediggernalk
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:53 am Reply with quote
I've played Hyperdimension Neptunia for countless hours for weeks, and the odds of me going out and killing people spoiler[while being unbelievably kawaii] are next to nill.

Even in the rare cases where video games and other forms of entertainment are influences for the crime, the perpetrator almost always has some sort of psychological disorder that should have been monitored in the first place.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:03 am Reply with quote
Yep heard about this on Kotaku, so there's goes violent video game going down the drain. Last time, I check DDR doesn't fit the categories of violent video game/murder simulator.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:03 am Reply with quote
phifedawg wrote:

Oh yes nothing gets my blood pumping more then wearing ted bundy undies and a Charles Manson t-shirt. Listen if you want to study serial killers fine, worshiping them like idols is ******* moronic.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:26 am Reply with quote
We have arrived at the post-apocalyptic future, the future where DDR is a cut-throat sport by which gangs display their supremacy in turf wars, described in the movie The FP.
RoverTX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:09 am Reply with quote
Mental health in this country is crap. Well its just generally crap around the world. I have seen kids so drugged up for ADHD that the drugs cause long lasting side effects and lead to depression and seizers.

But some how we keep pumping are kids full of speed, then anti-depressants, then anti-seizers meds, and then maybe some anti-w/e for good measure. Thats just if you have bad ADHD.

And then we wonder why so many kids now days are self medicating with weed. Well let me think... because they need to take the edge off all those other pills they are getting stuffed down their throats. Ritalin is a gateway drug...

Its just easier to blame the video games then actually think about whats getting shoved down kids throats.... Not that this kid wasn't most likely already disturbed...
kanechin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:55 am Reply with quote
dear police, politicians

shut the f*** up.
Now, not later, NOW.

What the **** does DDR have to do with this?
Last I checked Dance Dance revolution has nothing to do with harming people.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:13 am Reply with quote
Oh drat.
Every time I visit my best friend, I spend the whole night playing Super Dance Kinect whatsitsname stuff, from sunset to sunrise.
Hold on, I'll go turn myself in to a mental facility before I grab a knife and start killing passersby while trying to copy the Mash Up moves for Call me Maybe
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4