• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yama no Susume Mountain-Climbing Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:10 am Reply with quote
This is wonderful news. I quite enjoyed this little series and i'm glad that the episodes will be longer too (i would have liked it if they were the usual 23-24 but this will do).

Can't wait Laughing
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:17 am Reply with quote
Great news! I really enjoyed the first season. The longer run time and episode count made reading bit of news even better. I always thought the episodes needed a bit more length and now my wish came true.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
fantastic news
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quote
Really pleased about this. It was such a sweet little series. I always thought this show deserved more episodes and a longer run time, and both wishes came true.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:43 am Reply with quote
One of the rare "moe" shows that I actually really enjoyed! Glad to see it's getting a new season; hope Yamamoto returns to direct, as he's really stellar and deserves better than crap like "Walkure Romance."
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The second season will have 15-minute episodes — unlike the first season, which had five-minute episodes — and will run for two cours or half a year.

Really excited about this! We'll get 6x more the cute girls doing cute hiking/mountain climbing things than we got in the first series. Looking forward to it!
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:29 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
One of the rare "moe" shows that I actually really enjoyed! Glad to see it's getting a new season; hope Yamamoto returns to direct, as he's really stellar and deserves better than crap like "Walkure Romance."

Thankfully fans are not in charge of staffing decisions Rolling Eyes

I don't know anything about Yamamoto, but just from this sneek peek for the upcoming BD, I will presume he cares for Walkure Romance and may actually *gasp* enjoy such "crap" Twisted Evil
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:42 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The second season will have 15-minute episodes — unlike the first season, which had five-minute episodes — and will run for two cours or half a year.

Thank You wishing stone, thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:48 am Reply with quote
I so hope Crunchyroll streams season 2 as well! very happy its going to be at least a little longer per episode!
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Quote:

Really excited about this! We'll get 6x more the cute girls doing cute hiking/mountain climbing things than we got in the first series. Looking forward to it!

9x times, actually. With 24-26 episodes with a length of 13min~ instead of 12 episodes of 3min.

Even Lupin III : part 2 did not have this big of an increase, which is amazing.
Jamie38459

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:52 am Reply with quote
Sweet, I was a real big fan of the first season (it's my favorite anime short by far) so I'm really looking forward to its next season, especially knowing that it'll have more episodes and will have a longer running time Very Happy
By the way does anyone know when this new season will come out or did it already say on the announcement thing? Wasn't paying any attention really just saw Yama No Susume and I got giddy and went to check on the comments about it Confused
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:56 am Reply with quote
Jamie38459 wrote:
Sweet, I was a real big fan of the first season (it's my favorite anime short by far) so I'm really looking forward to its next season, especially knowing that it'll have more episodes and will have a longer running time Very Happy
By the way does anyone know when this new season will come out or did it already say on the announcement thing? Wasn't paying any attention really just saw Yama No Susume and I got giddy and went to check on the comments about it Confused

Spring 2014.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:09 am Reply with quote
Sounds like a good news for this anime and I have not watched its first season yet. It is time that I give it a try.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote
Very happy to hear this ... especially the fact that the eppies will be 15 minutes.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:36 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:

Thankfully fans are not in charge of staffing decisions Rolling Eyes

I don't know anything about Yamamoto, but just from this sneek peek for the upcoming BD, I will presume he cares for Walkure Romance and may actually *gasp* enjoy such "crap" Twisted Evil
I'm glad he enjoys working on it, I just feel he's capable of much better work, considering he directed the phenomenal "Welcome to the NHK" and the gut-busting "B Gata H Kei." But hey, if he has fun with WR, more power to him Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2