• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Ready for the Madoka Magica Movie? These Animators Help Count Down

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7jaws7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Those all look very good. Getting ready for Saturday's showing near Buffalo; can't wait!!!
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote
I love the one with Homura sleeping on a Charlotte pillow so cute Laughing and Kyubey nosing through the trash.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Nope because Aniplex doesnt realize there are thousands of fans in Omaha Nebraska willing to pay to see the movie
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:16 pm Reply with quote
That reminds me, we probably have 2 extra tickets on a sold-out Alamo Drafthouse. Anybody interested, just PM me. Smile
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to the first SF show tomorrow night (I bought my tickets back in October), I would have gone tonight but due to my health and other reasons, the 6 o'clock show is better!

I'm going to be wearing my Charlotte hat I bought in Japan this summer, wearing my Madoka t-shirt and using my Madoka mag (which I also bought in Japan this summer).
EricJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote
So, Madoka Magica is that good?

I see the series on my intermittent months of Crunchyroll all the time, but I'm too terrified to look--
As I keep imagining that if Shinichi from Outbreak Company likes it, it must be really, really, really, really, really, really moe/objectified, past acceptable comfort level for casual North American mainstream fans who aren't scared of real girls.

(Then again, this is coming from a new Hatsune Miku fan, so I should talk... Embarassed )
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote
EricJ wrote:
So, Madoka Magica is that good?

I see the series on my intermittent months of Crunchyroll all the time, but I'm too terrified to look--
As I keep imagining that if Shinichi from Outbreak Company likes it, it must be really, really, really, really, really, really moe/objectified, past acceptable comfort level for casual North American mainstream fans who aren't scared of real girls.

(Then again, this is coming from a new Hatsune Miku fan, so I should talk... Embarassed )

If you watch Outbreak Company, you can easily handle Madoka.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:54 am Reply with quote
Going to a sold out showing about an hour away from where I live tomorrow. Should be good I hope.

EDIT: Also, I'll be at the Buffalo NY 2pm showing with a friend, I'll be wearing a leather jacket (Or black hoodie, depends on how cold it is) and white skullcandy headphones and carrying a phone with a Crunchyroll slip cover.

Just hit me up if you're there, the more people to chit chat with to kill time till the movie starts the better I suppose!

Last edited by Kyogissun on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Juno016

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
Those all look very good. Getting ready for Saturday's showing near Buffalo; can't wait!!!

Did I see you there? I was wearing a Kyuubey scarf and a black hoodie and was sitting in the front right, with my friends. =3

But. Ugh. I cannot say it destroys the original series or that it was badly written or anything. In fact, it was GREAT. But... my god...
I will love the HEART of this movie. I will hate the movie itself for the rest of my days... ;~;

Totally didn't expect to start hating one of the best parts of the series...
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:16 am Reply with quote
I went to the 7 PM showing at the Hollywood Theater in Dormont, PA. I met a lot of nice people... got 3 signed poster boards (Homura, Madoka, and Mami & Nagisa) and got one of the 3 movie posters they were auctioning...

Unfortunately, someone stole my friends iPhone during the movie! We were sitting in the balcony. We are all deeply upset about this... if anyone attended the showing and you have any information on my friends phone, please please let me know. We won't be mad if you took it, just give it back (that one in a million chance you're reading this)...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quote
MagicallyDelicious wrote:

Unfortunately, someone stole my friends iPhone during the movie! We were sitting in the balcony. We are all deeply upset about this... if anyone attended the showing and you have any information on my friends phone, please please let me know.

Have you already tried the "Find iPhone" feature?
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
MagicallyDelicious wrote:

Unfortunately, someone stole my friends iPhone during the movie! We were sitting in the balcony. We are all deeply upset about this... if anyone attended the showing and you have any information on my friends phone, please please let me know.

Have you already tried the "Find iPhone" feature?

I don't know anything about iPhones (I have an S3) but he said he never downloaded that app... I think he's looking into it through his provider though, see if there's anything that can be done.
ShindoW

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I'll be at the Alamo Drafthouse on Sunday. Can't wait!
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Went to see it last night. Smile
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
7jaws7 wrote:

Did I see you there? I was wearing a Kyuubey scarf and a black hoodie and was sitting in the front right, with my friends. =3

But. Ugh. I cannot say it destroys the original series or that it was badly written or anything. In fact, it was GREAT. But... my god...
I will love the HEART of this movie. I will hate the movie itself for the rest of my days... ;~;

Totally didn't expect to start hating one of the best parts of the series...

I didn't end up going Friday.

As far the movie goes, it was certainly not what I expected - which I suppose is good - but I also have very mixed feelings.

spoiler[Seriously, Dark Homura? It's not like it's something we haven't seen before in the genre. Homura became one of my absolute favorite characters, but my worst fears came true with her: the love she had for Madoka turned into obsession, so much that she was willing to become a demon to keep Madoka from being a god.]

The movie is still fantastic, but it's going to be a painful wait for the next story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2