• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Super Sonico The Animation (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:53 am Reply with quote

Super Sonico The Animation

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: fanservice, idols

Plot Summary: Super Sonico is an 18-year old college student who plays guitar for the three-girl band Fastest Speed in Space and models for pin-ups. In spite of her busy schedule, she still finds time to her grandmother at her restaurant. One night, her band members Suzu and Fuuri, are late to a concert, forcing her to play alone. The result of that show will have far-reaching consequences for Sonico.

Episode 1:

Well I know why I'm watching this. It's for the PLOT and Sonico-chan. The first episode is kinda what I expected. I do admit that some of the music is catchy though. Ofc, I expected fan service like the spoiler[camera shots with Sonico half naked].

Suzu is kinda a fun character though. Being a slice of life, I wonder what kinda obstacles Sonico has to deal with later on. I think I'll keep watching to find out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:58 pm Reply with quote
She sure has a lot of cats & a lot of alarm clocks.
A sleep-in airhead?
Well, at least she's hardworking.
Nice fan service! Guys are gonna love this.
Where exactly is the plot here?
Decided to see what this is, seen it and now I'm done with this.
Totally not my kind of thing.
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Hey, look guys! It's Sonico and she's starring in her own anime!

Fairly enjoyable slice-of-life goodness with N+'s flagship hottie. If you're not already a fan of the character I could see the show feeling pretty mediocre but I liked it enough to look forward to ep2. On the fanservice note, I like how they kept her healthy. I was worried they'd draw her flesh-n-bones with huge boobs but they kept Sanada's vision which makes me happy.

People keep talking about the scene with Kitamura but I don't get it. Was there something strange about him? Something unusual? I didn't notice anything odd. Maybe I should've paid more attention to his hands. I think there was something odd with his hands. The rest of him seemed normal.

Likely the highpoint for me was her cat camo jacket:) That thing is freakin brilliant. But what we take away from this episode is that Sonico is a good girl. Beautiful, smart, dedicated, but with a few quirks and extremely busy. I have crazy mad respect for them for not making her this completely perfect girl or a hopeless ditz.

While I have no problem waking up on time I do the exact same thing of needing to run back into the apartment a few times for stuff I forgot. So I loved that scene.

For some niche horror though, Sonico: Age 80 is going to be a creepy cat lady. Also, I couldn't find it but there's a funny fanart pic of an x-ray of her showing that the headphones are actually part of her skull. Evolution is weird.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote
well, if Araragi's ahego can have it's own bone structure, I don't see why Sonio's headphones cant be part of her skull
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:15 pm Reply with quote
The headphones were thoroughly distracting in the entire episode. From the moments when she woke up to a bikini photoshoot, I couldn't get used to its presence.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:
On the fanservice note, I like how they kept her healthy.

Is that your polite way of mentioning that she has thunder thighs? I'm not fond of beanpoles, either, but I think there's a happy medium and her lower body character design strays into the "too chunky for my taste" territory.

Very laid back show - is this one of those "healing" anime I've heard so much about?

I resent not getting to see Sonico-chan in the super revealing get up. Thanks, Mr. Manager, you tool. He actually was the most interesting part of the show.

Right now this is coming across as a big ball (or two) of meh, but I'll stick with it for a bit.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Very laid back show - is this one of those "healing" anime I've heard so much about?

no, that would be something like Tamayura or the Aria franchise
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I was just kidding...
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quote
oh. well, this is awkward
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
*stares at shoes*

*fiddles with drink*

Sooooooo, how about this weather, huh?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
too damn cold
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:47 pm Reply with quote
If accuweather is to be believed then you're telling a Canadian your -1 is cold. Just sayin'. If his is accurate he's got -22 with a realfeel of -38. That's, like, 500x colder. For the record I'm at -9 with a realfeel of -17. Tomorrow night will be -22 with a realfeel of -33. So if you want us northern countries to send you down some ice and cold just say so. We've got it to spare.

Anyway, to answer about my take on Sonico's curves (and I'd love to take them *wink wink*) I basically value any time a character's body definition is different from the way it's usually drawn in almost any anime ever. Any sort of muscle or excess shown is greatly appreciated just because it's not the cookie cutter body that's only differentiated by height and chest size. So basically, while not my 100% ideal, I really respect that they didn't just throw Sonico's head on Misc Dating Sim Girl's's body for the anime version.

I hope that makes sense.
JustinGallimore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:19 am Reply with quote
A very chilled anime to watch, I mostly enjoyed the first episode, 4/5.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

She wears sexy or cat themed clothes, constantly wearing headphones, loves dolphins and is part of a band, I would not be surprised if she has actually dyed pink clothes. But put this with the crazy amount of cats and alarm clocks, perpetually late for school which apparently she would be a perfect student otherwise, is a bikini model, is tricked due to her innocence, and works part time at her grandmother's store where she is adored. She has to be one of the biggest definitions of Mary Sue I have ever seen.

So what do I think? Not much there but I might watch more.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:52 am Reply with quote
oh well give this a curious watch as well so let see day in life of sonico

get wake-up from many alarm clock & cats.
take bide ride greet little girl & got late for school.
model work sure but if make sonico wear "yikes" beware of her MASK MANAGER.
then help her grandma's diner place.
& top it all do concert with her fellow music band members.

hmm well still check it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5