• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Future Vision

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brimfyre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I like the Metroid Primes games, but they are nothing compared to the side scrolling games.

Nintendo needs to put a classic Metroid on 3DS to reintroduce people back into the franchise, before going balls to the wall with a 3D Wii U version.

Start small and build big.
sarroush

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
The music sounds "ok" for FFXIII? Please. It's one of the best OSTs around.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
The fact that neither Drakengard sold over 200k in American (while both FF13s sold over a million) makes it kinda tough to believe that a really niche title will be talked about more than Final Fantasy.
king 47

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Brimfyre wrote:
I like the Metroid Primes games, but they are nothing compared to the side scrolling games.

Nintendo needs to put a classic Metroid on 3DS to reintroduce people back into the franchise, before going balls to the wall with a 3D Wii U version.

Start small and build big.

Different teams can work on both. They don't need Retro to work on a 3DS Metroid game. What they need is to have Retro work on less DK games.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:27 pm Reply with quote
...I still have the 5 dollar pre-order fee down at Gamestop for The Last Guardian. It's been years, but I wonder if they've still kept my information. Not even sure if I would go there anymore; might just choose Amazon or whatever place has a pre-order trinket.

I really hope it's released this year, or officially cancelled. I've been looking forward to playing it for way too long.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
sarroush wrote:

Your opinion

Also I'd rather see Neon 2 than the SNK fighter. Which is competent if unremarkable.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:27 pm Reply with quote
sarroush wrote:
Damn straight. Hell for XIII-2 the OST was the best part. It was such a fan OST where you could tell they were just trying new things and having fun. Lightning Return's OST sounds great as well.

On the flip side. I hated Nier and never thought the OST was that great so I can't say I'm excited about Drakengard 3. While I was wrong and it seems it ties a bit into the previous games. The game still dosen't seem that good. The impressions weren't glowing. The story sounds kind of lame and I already dislike Zero. Some technical issues just sound pathetic as well. Plus some strange game design choices.

My prediction is that Drakengard 3 will not live up to the hype and will stay in it's niche unlike Nier, which was still a niche game but got praise for it's storytelling to become a cult classic. I don't think that will happen to 3.

Lightning Returns on the other hand as far as the game part goes sounds and looks great. It will probably continue the XIII series thing of actually being some of the best playing jrpgs out there. Plus, this one will have even more open world things. So it will be a good game most likely. The story? Well it's bound to be terrible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:40 pm Reply with quote
although the funny thing is, unlike the Lucas example there's really nothing to scrounge up about Sakamoto. We only have ONE man' testimony (Hayashi), and in all honesty said man sounded more like a whiny brat complaining that Sakamoto (a Nintendo employee) had the last say over a NINTENDO FRANCHISE. I think people need to stop pretending there was some dramatic soap opera going on with Other M's production.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Next week brings the fantasy brawler Lucifer Ring (which we'll address later), and the week after that has The Firemen 2: Pete and Danny, a cartoonish firefighting action title with some impressive music.

O_O

That's awesome. The first Firemen game was released in Europe and for whatever reason, like Terranigma, was denied to the U.S. (Did someone actually worry it would offend real life firefighters or something stupid like that?) I want to sit down with this one and try it out.

-2014 Predictions-

Metroid: Whatever happened to that weird rumor that they were going to crossover Metroid with Star Fox? Pretty much dispelled I take it?

Lightning Returns and Drakengard 3: Between Lightning Returns and Drakengard 3, one is obviously more insane than the other in terms of content (and the one everyone probably wants more due to how disturbing it is), but I'm getting LR only because I want to wrap up FFXIII once and for all. Amusing chart though, Todd, since it does make a lot of generalized sense. XD

Final Burst of Wii Games: Sigh, still sad about the fact my Wii just sits there with little to do other than the occasional time sunk into Phantom Brave. It really is a shadow of its former self. =[

Tales: I'm certainly more than grateful for the improvement in releasing Tales titles here (even if some ungrateful wretches won't stop whining for dual audio; good thing they're a puny minority). It's what we've always wanted and while we never get to truly enjoy all the missed opportunities in the past, it's best to look forward and enjoy what's on the way.

Lucifer Ring: Of course with a title and cover art like that, it would have gotten renamed to Fiend's Ring or something less religious, and refer to all the demons and devils as monsters, creatures or beasts. Lol, you know it's true.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
although the funny thing is, unlike the Lucas example there's really nothing to scrounge up about Sakamoto. We only have ONE man' testimony (Hayashi), and in all honesty said man sounded more like a whiny brat complaining that Sakamoto (a Nintendo employee) had the last say over a NINTENDO FRANCHISE. I think people need to stop pretending there was some dramatic soap opera going on with Other M's production.
I don't think people pretend anything. You are saying that while Hayashi sounded like a brat, it was stupid of him to complain that Sakamoto had the say about Other M. Well, thats what people are complaining about. That he had all the say and the game turned into what it was. Thus they don't want him on another game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
speaking of dragon quest games, where is the localization announcement of 7 and dqm remake for the 3ds/2ds?? I would honestly think square-enix would try to localize these for the western market already.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
brammerhammer23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I need a new metroid asap. I don't care if it is for the wii u or the 3ds I just want one. Yes, I do believe they need retro to work on it because with donkey Kong country games they have proven they can do old school side scrolling style games. Plus we all know they also kick but at the metroid prime games well. Come On Nintendo hurry Up And Do it.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
speaking of dragon quest games, where is the localization announcement of 7 and dqm remake for the 3ds/2ds?? I would honestly think square-enix would try to localize these for the western market already.
You're asking the wrong company. The last few localizations have been done by Nintendo. Even Bravley Default is being done by Nintendo.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
You're asking the wrong company. The last few localizations have been done by Nintendo. Even Bravley Default is being done by Nintendo.

oh boy.. so i'm taking it never. Still we do have have square-enix usa it would be nice if they focus on other ip's instead of final fantasy "which is a sinking ship now"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:

oh boy.. so i'm taking it never. Still we do have have square-enix usa it would be nice if they focus on other ip's instead of final fantasy "which is a sinking ship now"
I don't know about never. Reggie said something about wanting to bring out more DQ games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4