• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pierrot Animates 25-Episode Baby Steps With New Plots

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:59 am Reply with quote
Not often do you see a studio promoting a show by telling us its going to be filler
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:14 am Reply with quote
Well, it's only 25 episodes. If the manga is weekly they're clearly going to be abridging something.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote
Well, the more episodes, the merrier. Smile
Perhaps they're adding those extra episodes as comedy relief to make the show more fun?
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:45 am Reply with quote
Two core series huh...hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. Btw from what I heard, there is a romance element in this series but it's very vague. Can anyone confirm this? I'm just curious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Waraich

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:57 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Two core series huh...hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. Btw from what I heard, there is a romance element in this series but it's very vague. Can anyone confirm this? I'm just curious.

There is a romance element and yes it is very vague although not as vague as the one in Hajime no ippo
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Not often do you see a studio promoting a show by telling us its going to be filler

Just be thankful that the mangaka will be having a hand in them (which also sounds like they will be fleshing the story/characters out a bit). That's a lot better of a situation than what other adaptations get…at least, I hope this all turns out alright in the end…[/i]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Well, it's only 25 episodes. If the manga is weekly they're clearly going to be abridging something.

Sure, if they were animating a series with less than a hundred or so weekly chapters but they're doing 25 episodes on a series that's been around for six years. This is what they're doing to the fans {and announcing it ahead of them at that}:

"We're adapting the series you love but we may not doing what you love about it. Watch and find out what we leave out."

And if the new stuff is good as or better than the original material, I don't see how that would be good for the manga. "Hey, why didn't he do this before?" or, worse, "If the games/plots are interchangeable and character development's ultimately meaningless, then what's the point of either adapting the original or creating new material?"

Key point: Supposedly, it's not "filler" as the original author composing the new stories. Not writing them, just doing the main ideas.
dany_elle1908

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
i probably won't mind because i do not read the manga and won't know the changes but better
like that i can enjoy without feeling frustrated like i did on few[code:breaker just killed me]
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
New huge..er plots? Very Happy
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Im sorry its a nice show, but honestly nothing really special in terms of story, art, or anything. So why does something like this get 25 eps off the bat, when much better shows get 10-12 episode runs, that might get a second season if they do well.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
So why does something like this get 25 eps off the bat, when much better shows get 10-12 episode runs, that might get a second season if they do well.

Well, it could be that there were enough folks out there that liked the manga so well that they decided to make the show last that long, as well as allowing a bit of room for character development.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Waraich wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

There is a romance element and yes it is very vague although not as vague as the one in Hajime no ippo

I wouldn't call the romance element vague as we have a canon couple that forms eventually, but romance is certainly not the focus of the manga.

I guess they could focus on some of the games that are skipped over to some extent in the manga, or perhaps focus more on Natsu and her games
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I find it interesting that they are going to do anime only stories... I guess, when you get down to it, a lot of chapters will fly by because they are almost entirely action, with Eichan thinking about how he is going to deal with this opponent being the only words in the entire chapter. (Unless they do what Chihyafuru did and split one freaking game into multiple episodes... Those were not the best episodes of the series, I will have to say...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1