• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: VisualArt's to Release Rewrite+ Visual Novel in English

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:00 am Reply with quote
Take it! Just take my money! The updated version, new CGs, Harvest Festa...

JUST TAKE IT!!!!
Isinfier

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:06 am Reply with quote
Wasn't this announced earlier in the year? I seem to recall them bringing it up around the time that Tomoyo After was announced.

Regardless, good news.
Azure-Wind91

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:17 am Reply with quote
I've already played the whole thing, but I'm still going to buy it. Very Happy
Leafinmilo

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:41 am Reply with quote
I feel sad for the amaterasu TL group
Technically halfway through Harvest Festa after 2 years of work, and spent nearly 1 year doing the TL for the original rewrite.

Not sure whether to get Rewrite+... i mean after all that time spent on spoiler[ searching the map and also finding the earth dragon to defeat that beetle game or whatever spin off pokemon game that was ] to get 100%

However, I think the revelation of the 6th heroine makes me sad because it changes the entire story actually.
Without the knowledge of the 6th heroine, the prologue will seem normal.
With the knowledge of the 6th heorine spoiler[ the way you view the prologue and Philosophyz will change. Instead of Kotarou complaining about his life, he is trying to save Key ]

Though,
I can't wait for the new anime! (hope the skin tone doesn't go more white than the original like what happened (in my opinion) in Grisaia's anime)

Oh yes, Lucia best gal Very Happy
rizuchan

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:45 am Reply with quote
Leafinmilo wrote:
I feel sad for the amaterasu TL group
Technically halfway through Harvest Festa after 2 years of work, and spent nearly 1 year doing the TL for the original rewrite.

Don't, they're using Amaterasu's translation. That's why they seemed to mysteriously slow their progress on Harvest Festa the last couple of years.

Which makes me really happy. I like seeing different translations sometimes, but their work on the original Rewrite patch was so top notch it's hard to imagine anyone doing better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Leafinmilo

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:09 am Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
 Don't, they're using Amaterasu's translation.

おmg.Hurray!

there's just one thing else I don't understand spoiler[ so is it Ultra Yoshino or Hyper Yoshino, which is it? WHICH DID HE TRANSFORM INTO?!? ] Very Happy
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:25 am Reply with quote
they also posted this on their Facebook page yesterday - https://www.facebook.com/VisualArtsUSA/posts/1607111332940356 , confirming that they're releasing Angel Beats -1st Beat!- in english as well.

In other words, it seems like it's finally safe to assume KEY loves us finally
Jakerams

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:04 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
they also posted this on their Facebook page yesterday - https://www.facebook.com/VisualArtsUSA/posts/1607111332940356 , confirming that they're releasing Angel Beats -1st Beat!- in english as well.

In other words, it seems like it's finally safe to assume KEY loves us finally
True I remember when Key used to hate us and wouldn't let us have anything.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:16 am Reply with quote
I purchased Angel Beats 1st beat waiting for the eventual fan translation.

Looks like I'm gonna buy it again.. lol
synaia

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:17 am Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
I purchased Angel Beats 1st beat waiting for the eventual fan translation.

Looks like I'm gonna buy it again.. lol

Same here, I don't' mind double dipping for this stuff.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:39 am Reply with quote
Isinfier wrote:
Wasn't this announced earlier in the year? I seem to recall them bringing it up around the time that Tomoyo After was announced.

You might be confusing it with Little Busters, which was announced getting an official English port late last year along with Tomoyo After.

I'm happy a lot of Key visual novels get official English releases and gladly get whatever they put out, but I just hope they're not taking too much on their plate. Being an official entity they undoubtedly have more muscle compared to fan translation groups which might struggle even with a single project. But Tomoyo After, Little Busters, Rewrite, Angel Beats, Harmonia ports to be handled in-house, and their past experience on this front comprising the fairly straight Planetarian, and Clannad whose port was mostly handled out of house by Sekai Project....
nhat

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
I hope for a physical copy!
synaia

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:58 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Isinfier wrote:

You might be confusing it with Little Busters, which was announced getting an official English port late last year along with Tomoyo After.

I'm happy a lot of Key visual novels get official English releases and gladly get whatever they put out, but I just hope they're not taking too much on their plate. Being an official entity they undoubtedly have more muscle compared to fan translation groups which might struggle even with a single project. But Tomoyo After, Little Busters, Rewrite, Angel Beats, Harmonia ports to be handled in-house, and their past experience on this front comprising the fairly straight Planetarian, and Clannad whose port was mostly handled out of house by Sekai Project....

Tomoyo After, LB and Rewrite all use the fan translation as a base though. Won't be as much work as they would have to do with Harmonia and Angel Beats.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Ahh great news indeed and i'm so happy to see key/visuals arts more open about releasing vn's in the west.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
grooven

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Super hyped for this Smile A dream come true Very Happy
Blanchimont wrote:
Isinfier wrote:

Actually, revealed at Kazamatsuri: http://kazamatsuri.org/rewrite-and-angel-beats-1st-beat-planned-for-western-localisation/ from Anime Central. I think ANN just wants to confirm the story before publishing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2