• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Decapre Joins Ultra Street Fighter IV Roster With Miyuki Sawashiro

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:59 am Reply with quote
Ummmmm.....Yeeeeeeah....

I would've *GREATLY* preferred Mike Haggar. Confused
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:00 am Reply with quote
I would've preferred Gouken's daughter.

But yeah, so she's literally a Cammy clone, huh? At least her moveset is different than hers (Decapre is confirmed to be a charge character). Her Ultra 1 Psycho Stream looks really good (a better version of Yoga Catastrophe).
Paul Soth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:58 am Reply with quote
The levels of disappointment among fans is seismic right now.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:16 am Reply with quote
it was a swerve reveal give hype of "5th" character it another of bison's dolls the mask lookalike of cammy?

oh yea look like dolls storyline is coming back in & if time we get to street fighter 5 yea who knows?
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:30 am Reply with quote
Huh, yeah this is kind of a disappointing reveal. Not to hate on the character, but I guess I would have expected them to reveal someone completely new and different, instead of a clone character. And considering the other 4 reveals had already shown up in SFxT, it kind of feels like nothing really new is showing up in Ultra, just changed mechanics for things we've already seen before.
nhat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:46 am Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:
Huh, yeah this is kind of a disappointing reveal. Not to hate on the character, but I guess I would have expected them to reveal someone completely new and different, instead of a clone character. And considering the other 4 reveals had already shown up in SFxT, it kind of feels like nothing really new is showing up in Ultra, just changed mechanics for things we've already seen before.

Her normal plays like the Dolls/Cammy but her special don't play anything like the others. Watch the gameplay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfsKVOuEyow
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:58 am Reply with quote
cammy-vega fusion, i'm in. Better than other 4 new characters anyway.
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote
everybody already guessed it was her already. I'm not suprised, it's not like capcom has an internal fighting game team anymore, and it's well know they have basically no money now, so this was made on a serious budget.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:36 pm Reply with quote
The fans on ign right now are bitching and i agree. Another Cammy Clone ? And all the other characters are from X Tekken. I usually defend Crapcom(RE 6 was a good game) but not this time. Can´t we just move on to Alpha 4 or god forbid EX 4.
This is the 4th version oif the same game where 40% of the cast are clones now. This was the reason why the series went away a decade ago. I don´t want that to happen again.
This is nearly as bad as Breath of Fire 6. Peace out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Capcom have like 80 Million left in the bank or something so yes this are now looking grim. Hope the get their act together.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
So she's a Cammy clone eh? That is kind of bad. You already have Cammy, but again Capcom is notorious of not just doing this but also making characters that you're like WTF? Because they've had this franchise going for so long it's like they don't know what else to do with it. So let's take a page out of Marvel and just create a bunch of characters that you have no idea how they fit in. Meanwhile the story is thrown off. It was like "wow" SF II" was great. Everyone followed the story (if there ever was one) and then worked their way up to III. Then you get these characters that are just "uggh".

C'mon Capcom you can do better than this. You're fans have been behind your for decades.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Can´t we just move on to Alpha 4 or god forbid EX 4.

No, because Alpha would be close to being the same game again and as for EX, they would have to work with Arika again in order to use the other characters and I don't think either are interested. The fact that 1-3 have yet to get PSN ports after all this time proves this.
nhat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
The fans on ign right now are bitching and i agree. Another Cammy Clone ? And all the other characters are from X Tekken. I usually defend Crapcom(RE 6 was a good game) but not this time. Can´t we just move on to Alpha 4 or god forbid EX 4.
This is the 4th version oif the same game where 40% of the cast are clones now. This was the reason why the series went away a decade ago. I don´t want that to happen again.
This is nearly as bad as Breath of Fire 6. Peace out.

Eh what? Capcom spent a year doing field testing with the players out there to get feedback for polishing and balancing the game. All you do is talk crap without knowing how much involved they get.

If you got a previous version of SF4, it's a cheap upgrade, they're not making you pay full price.
nhat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
So she's a Cammy clone eh? That is kind of bad. You already have Cammy, but again Capcom is notorious of not just doing this but also making characters that you're like WTF? Because they've had this franchise going for so long it's like they don't know what else to do with it. So let's take a page out of Marvel and just create a bunch of characters that you have no idea how they fit in. Meanwhile the story is thrown off. It was like "wow" SF II" was great. Everyone followed the story (if there ever was one) and then worked their way up to III. Then you get these characters that are just "uggh".

C'mon Capcom you can do better than this. You're fans have been behind your for decades.

Anyone that plays Evil Ryu or Oni for even 2 mins will realize you can't play the "clones" the same as the original because their playstyles are so different.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

Clone means same avatar, yes. Play style is totally different from what i see so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2