• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digital Manga Adds Sweet Blue Flowers, Kimagure Orange Road, Asobi ni Ikuyo! on eManga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully, their edition of KOR is more professional than the Kindle release. And with better resolution, too. And faster.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:06 am Reply with quote
Thank god Sweet Blue Flowers was rescued. I really wanted to read the rest of the series so bad!
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
Damn, shame this isn't in print, hopefully it sells well.... I have no way to read legit digital manga, so I still need print books and would really like Kimagure and especially Sweet Blue Flowers (it'd match my Wandering Son collection)
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:00 am Reply with quote
I'd probably be more annoyed at the prospect of Kimagure Orange Road not getting a physical release if I didn't already have a physical release of all 18 volumes that I bought over a decade ago in French.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:44 am Reply with quote
Tenchi: DMP already got burned going that route with Itazura na Kiss, so it has to sell like hotcakes to justify a print. Believe me when I say though, that Matsumoto is just glad to have a chance to get paid again. And maybe find someone still interested in his work, 'cus it ain't in Japan.
SHODAN93

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:48 am Reply with quote
For all the yaoi they put out, they couldn't have bothered to give one of the big yuri titles a print run? C'mon DMP.....
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:28 am Reply with quote
SHODAN93 wrote:
For all the yaoi they put out, they couldn't have bothered to give one of the big yuri titles a print run? C'mon DMP.....

As much as a I like yuri, it just doesn't sell very well in the English-language manga market. The only real hits have been Milk Morinaga's stuff.
Nayu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:39 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
SHODAN93 wrote:

As much as a I like yuri, it just doesn't sell very well in the English-language manga market. The only real hits have been Milk Morinaga's stuff.

Well, there also hasn't been any good yuri other than Morinaga's released. Sweet Blue Flowers deserves better than this and Sasameki Koto really needs to be licensed.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:33 am Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
Well, there also hasn't been any good yuri other than Morinaga's released. Sweet Blue Flowers deserves better than this and Sasameki Koto really needs to be licensed.

Sasameki Koto has been licensed by One Peace Books, and the first omnibus will be out in May.
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:48 am Reply with quote
Awesome! Now I will have my three favorite yuri manga in legal form! (Girl Friends, Whispered Words (Sasameki Koto), and Aoi Hana) Well, until Citrus gets a bit further into the story... It may knock one of them out...

I have Sasameki Koto on order already.
katscradle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote
It's nice Digital Manga listened to the requests for a release calendar for digital titles.Very Happy

GATSU wrote:
Hopefully, their edition of KOR is more professional than the Kindle release. And with better resolution, too. And faster.

I curious about it too. But, judging from the cover it doesn't have any of their imprint logos on it. KOR was also never mentioned before, so I'm more inclined to think they are just distributing it as well. KOR popped up on Nook recently with Digital Manga listed as the publisher (and erroneously labeled as "Shoujo Manga") but, it doesn't offer a sample. If eManga doesn't offer it downloadable (similar to the Harlequin titles from SB Creative Corp. on eManga being web only) I won't buy KOR from them either.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, I have KOR in the 10 volume Wide ban edition from Japan. Diamond sold it several years ago. Paired with the text translation that is or was on the net it is serviceable, but a hard way to read a book. I may check this out.

You can't beat print for good resolution though.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:27 pm Reply with quote
BTW, I occasionally "correspond" with the KOR author in "Google-ese", and here's what he had to say:
Quote:
"Kimagure Orange Road" is the 30th anniversary this year. I will do my best so that it is carried out in the country the event, you can go to overseas anime • manga event.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Damn, shame this isn't in print, hopefully it sells well.... I have no way to read legit digital manga, so I still need print books and would really like Kimagure and especially Sweet Blue Flowers (it'd match my Wandering Son collection)

I read mostly print books, but still,,,do you not have a computer? Since eManga's downloads are a DRM-free format that isn't tied to any device.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:24 am Reply with quote
So do Digital manga make physical releases ? I would love to own KOR on physical release. Though if they only released digitally it is still ok with me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2