• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Wanimagazine Launches English Manga Anthology on iBooks, Moe Android App

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GarzotaBTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote
It is worth mentioning that Wanimagazine started to send DMCA notices to hentai scanlations. If you wanted to put your work outside Japan, was it necessary to send their legal team for that? Could not just they tell the scanlations that they'll edit their magazines on their own to avoid them to translate and edit their work illegally?

Thanks to their little "fudge-off" gift, some groups decided to shut down their websites and so on.

List of victims (as far as I know):
- The Lusty Lady Project
- YQII
- Flatopia
- Deus Ex Scans
- Websites like E-Hentai and Doujin-Moe
- And some more that I don't know.

Finally, I just wanted to say: stop procesuting scanlations. Yeah, I know they're doing something against the law, but without them, the manga scene would not be the same. Japanese companies must be grateful to them because we now know many Japanese artists. Those companies must work with scanlations in order to bring more manga online.

Personally I want an apology letter to Wanimagazine for all the damages caused, but whatever...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1