• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shonen Jump to Launch 4 Manga Series in Next 3 Issues

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:12 am Reply with quote
Hmm interesting. I'll look forward to what Togashi has to offer and maybe some of the other new series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Miskos3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:12 am Reply with quote
"...is also announcing that Yoshihiro Togashi's Hunter x Hunter manga will go on hiatus in the 32nd issue..."

I almost got a heart attack. Thank god it's just a week break <_<
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:19 am Reply with quote
Miskos3 wrote:
"...is also announcing that Yoshihiro Togashi's Hunter x Hunter manga will go on hiatus in the 32nd issue..."

I almost got a heart attack. Thank god it's just a week break <_<

It wouldnt be Togashi if he didn't almost make you get a heart attack. lol
OH&S

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:25 am Reply with quote
I was getting worried for Soul Catcher(s) being cancelled as it was consistently raking near the bottom. But luckily it was saved from that fate by moving to Jump Next!! I'm assuming that iShoujo and Stealth Symphony are being cancelled then. Sounds about right.

As for Barrage's Horikoshi getting a new manga in Jump, good on him, though I wasn't too fond of Barrage when it was being serialized. Boku no Hero Academia's premise would normally interest me but I'm already following two good series which share the same premise and have already proven themselves to be excellent with great MCs: Toaru Majutsu no Index and Iris Zero for different reasons obviously.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:41 am Reply with quote
Boku no Hero Academia sounds like it has cross-cultural appeal. I expect to see it in English Jump

AND FUDGE THIS WORLD if Stealth Symphony gets canned.

Japan, what the hell is wrong with you?!
flackenstien

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:57 am Reply with quote
Yeah, such a shame that Stealth Symphony is likely to hit the bucket soon..

It has/had a very huge amount of potential..
It was building a big, and interesting world..

These days, most people don't care about exposition, they just want action..

It seems to have fast forwarded towards the big twist, rushing to its end, but atleast it won't end badly..

Sensei no Bulge/Barrage had similar potential too, although not as much.. I wish that series, and Stealth Symphony, could just go on as the author wanted..

Last edited by flackenstien on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:58 am Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
Yeah, such a shame that Stealth Symphony is likely to hit the bucket soon..

It has/has a very huge amount of potential..
It was building a big, and interesting world..

These days, most people don't care about exposition, they just want action..

It seems to have fast forwarded towards the big twist, rushing to its end, but atleast it won't end badly..

Sensei no Bulge/Barrage had similar potential too, although not as much.. I wish that series, and Stealth Symphony, could just go on as the author wanted..

Yeah agreed, I'm happy to see that Barage's author is being serialized again, I thought Barrage was interesting, and I really liked the art. Same with Stealth Symphony. I really hope it avoids cancellation, its a very good manga *sighs*

I'm happy that Illegal Rare is doing quite good though. I have only read the first chapter when it came out and it looks good. If it gets to 30 chapters I'll check it out. Its not often you see a new manga doing well in Shonen Jump.

I'll check all of these new manga out when they come out. I'm always open to new manga in the magazine.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:00 am Reply with quote
It really does seem like new serials in Jump aren't doing so well. I may not have been reading Stealth Symphony, but even if it does get axed I hope it can at least end on its own terms somehow and its author can have another fresh start soon (I'd be really interested in seeing a hard-core sci-fi series by this guy one day).
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:05 am Reply with quote
So I guess after two cancelled series, Horikoshi is just "fuck it, here's your battle manga."
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:12 am Reply with quote
I really don't think I'll ever be able to forgive Shonen Jump for cancelling a series with so much potential as Stealth Symphony.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:23 am Reply with quote
ShatteredWorld wrote:
I really don't think I'll ever be able to forgive Shonen Jump for cancelling a series with so much potential as Stealth Symphony.

Even today the scars left by axing Double Arts still remain to a certain extent.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:23 am Reply with quote
When I read the headline, I thought North America's English digital Shonen Jump was getting three new series. They should have kept the name Shonen Jump Alpha to avoid confusion.

Hero Academia--You know, at this point it might be more original if the MC in an "everyone has superpowers" world had superpowers, too.
ParkerALx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote
Epic trolling, Togashi. Epic trolling. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:59 am Reply with quote
For those that read/have knowledge of the Japanese Weekly Shonen Jump, about how many series have current regular serializations? I can see that with 13 new series starting soon, it's possible other series will be axed or moved to another magazine because that's a lot of new series.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
For those that read/have knowledge of the Japanese Weekly Shonen Jump, about how many series have current regular serializations? I can see that with 13 new series starting soon, it's possible other series will be axed or moved to another magazine because that's a lot of new series.

There's 20ish series currently running in the magazine.

I though there were only 3 series starting (4 if you count the mini-series). Where are you getting 13 from?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2